New Contributor
mrdrum18

Re: Worth hard pulls for Schwab's cash back card? (AMEX & Chase downsizing their rewards now)

Eiso wrote:

I'm assuming I have a 700+ EX for sure, by kind of looking at my FAKOs (I know, I know) and the one I got from CreditKarma yesterday. I guess I have perfect history since I have never missed one payment ever. I intentionally changed back to <10% utilization ratio since I learned that 0% is not as good as <10%. I have done 0% all along from 2004-2007 that kept me around 720 FICO. No relationship with BofA at all. I guess I'll go to a Schwab branch and talk to a banker and see how it goes.

I'm not sure how much a Schwab branch can tell you. The card is underwritten and serviced by FIA(BofA).

I was actually initially denied for the card, recon'd and was approved. While the questions of those credit analysts are quite intense and intrusive, I have had good experiences thus far.

Contributor
Eiso

Re: Worth hard pulls for Schwab's cash back card? (AMEX & Chase downsizing their rewards now)

mrdrum18 wrote:

Eiso wrote:

I'm assuming I have a 700+ EX for sure, by kind of looking at my FAKOs (I know, I know) and the one I got from CreditKarma yesterday. I guess I have perfect history since I have never missed one payment ever. I intentionally changed back to <10% utilization ratio since I learned that 0% is not as good as <10%. I have done 0% all along from 2004-2007 that kept me around 720 FICO. No relationship with BofA at all. I guess I'll go to a Schwab branch and talk to a banker and see how it goes.

I'm not sure how much a Schwab branch can tell you. The card is underwritten and serviced by FIA(BofA).

I was actually initially denied for the card, recon'd and was approved. While the questions of those credit analysts are quite intense and intrusive, I have had good experiences thus far.

True. I went to the local branch and they could not tell me anything but handing me some brochures and application forms. They told me to call the 1-800-NUMBER. I called and was given nothing but some wait time until I was transferred to the credit card department where the call was dropped. I'm gonna call them back later on the day.

-----------------------------------------------------
FICO pulled by loan officer on 8/3/2009
EQ: 724
EX: 740
TU: 742
Valued Contributor
athensguy

You can open a Schwab Visa and a Schwab One account at the same time. I like this card. 2% back, 0% FETF, swept monthly so you don't have to reach a threshold before your rewards vest.
New Contributor
austintex

Eiso - did you ever find out any more information about this?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
5/31/09 - 736 - EQ

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}