cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth it to ask Chase for a CLI right now?

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

Worth it to ask Chase for a CLI right now?

I know they do a hard pull, but they are offering BTs of 0% for six months, or 3.99% for the next year and a half. I want to pay off my Citi and other cards.  My CL is currently $3700 and I want to ask for $10K, and see if they'll even give me at least $5K.   

My scores are below and I've had a really good payment history with them.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Worth it to ask Chase for a CLI right now?

@pattycake wrote:

I know they do a hard pull, but they are offering BTs of 0% for six months, or 3.99% for the next year and a half. I want to pay off my Citi and other cards.  My CL is currently $3700 and I want to ask for $10K, and see if they'll even give me at least $5K.   

Hey pattycake...are those scores pretty recent?  Have you had any payments post lately where they might be higher?  How long have you had the chase card?

Even if not...your scores are nice...better than a chunk of folks out there.  Even if you get the 5, can that cover 1or 2 cards?  Or even the highest int card?

If you've had the chase card for a year & up...I'd give it a try.

(I want a 7!!  Smiley Sad )

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pattycake wrote:

@I've had a Chase Card for approximately 3 years.  Started @ $500.00, currently $3500.00.  I've never asked for CLI, but every 6 months they increase by $500.00 (no pulls).

Quite frankly, I think Chase rewards you with CLI at their determined time.  

I haven't seen too many posts recently with people getting 40% - 200% CLIs from Chase.  To the contrary, Chase is on a CLD binge.  I would tread lightly.

Message 3 of 15
pattycake
Established Contributor

My scores are from last week, so they are recent.  I've had the card since 2006, started at $200, increased to $300, increased to $1000, and got the $3700 as an auto CLI about a year and a half ago.  
Message 4 of 15
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@I've had a Chase Card for approximately 3 years.  Started @ $500.00, currently $3500.00.  I've never asked for CLI, but every 6 months they increase by $500.00 (no pulls).

Quite frankly, I think Chase rewards you with CLI at their determined time.  

I haven't seen too many posts recently with people getting 40% - 200% CLIs from Chase.  To the contrary, Chase is on a CLD binge.  I would tread lightly.

I think most of those CLD's & card closings were former WAMU customers.  I've read a bunch of those stories.  People with a great history...*snip* Smiley Surprised

Hey patty...just saw your post...I'd definitely try it. Good history with them & they gave you auto increases!  Yeah.

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-21-2009 12:46 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 15
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

If it's not a former WaMu account then you would probably be OK, although you can never tell.  Be aware that Chase does do a hard pull on customer requested CLIs. 
Message 6 of 15
pattycake
Established Contributor

I know they do hard pulls on EQ or EX (?) in Arizona.  I want to decrease my util, take advantage of these low-interest BT offers, but not open any new accounts.  My AAoA is already down to four years, ick.  Last account opened was a Sears card in January of '09, as I wanted to have homeowner options for credit to buy a fridge.  
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for one in May.  They did hard pull and gave me a whopping $300.  Then!  They sent a letter saying that because I was such a good customer they just gave me an auto $300 increase.  It was not an auto, it was the one I asked for.  They did a hard pull on my EX. 
Message 8 of 15
pattycake
Established Contributor

emasta - what type of card do you have, and when did you open this account?  
Message 9 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@pattycake wrote:

I don't like this plan. It is asking for trouble.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.