Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth the utilization hit

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: Worth the utilization hit

So its done.   No going back now. 

It feels very good tonight to not have that horrid exceedingly high interest eating at me tonight. 

So I refuse to check my credit score next month as by the time my cap 1 reports I will only have it paid down to about 80% and the hit will make me want to cry.  BUT based on my personal repayment plan I shold be back down to about 20% by the time cap 1 reports in June.  And back to 0 before July reports.  Smiley Happy  Earlier if some extra money I am expecting comes in early but I am not counting on it.  So it will be nice an extra 300 bucks a month to apply to savings for building up a home down payment.  thats another 3000 I like the sound of that!

I am going to live vicariously thru everyone the next 2 months as I will be on ramen a night budget.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 21 of 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the smart move financially. 

I think statistically speaking you are now less likely to default on a debt. So, it seems FICO is a bit inaccurate in that regard.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good move. Just wear blinders for a month until you get your util down. 😃
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.