cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I be crazy to ask for another?

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Re: Would I be crazy to ask for another?

@Shock_ wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I am debating on asking for another CLI on my BOA card, I've gotten two in the last three months and use the heck out of it.  I am not 100% sure yet if I want to request another or not.   I think I need an intervention. hahah

If you dont mind a new hard pull on your report... Why Not??? They will tell you if you have reached the max credit they will allow based on your credit report and income.  

I have 2 cards with BoA with a total CL of $30k. I have only had their cards since April of this year. 

how many HP's to get to your current limits??

I have a total of 6 HP from BoA. 2 on Exp for the initial approval and 4 on TU for the CLI. I have always done my requests via phone and ask for a credit analyst if denied. 

Message 11 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

The two increases I got only took one HP but I currently have NO hp's on my TU report.  It is clean at the moment.  Honestly I don't want any other CC's at the moment, I want the ones I have to grow, namely Walmart, Sams, BOA and Barclay.  

I think I'm going to wait!

Very good choice it will look better with your current creditors and chances of auto CLI. Credit is a journey not a race. Good Luck in your journey.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 12 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

A common view is HP = bad, CLI = good.  There are other ways of looking at it:

a) HPs age off, you can have a lot, and are almost the cost of doing business.   Don't worry about a few

b) CLIs:  Waaaay over-rated for many IMO!   If you are constantly having to pay many times a month, because the card is really useful and your CL is low, then yes, a CLI is high priority.  If you are maxing out your cards, and want a CLI to improve the score, well, maybe you are overstretched and more credit is a bad idea.  Or not.

Anyway, I would rather use HPs on getting new cards with new sign up bonuses or better features, so unless the OP is being hamstrung by the current CL, HPs to get a CLI on this card seems unneeded.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.