Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I be crazy to ask for another?

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Would I be crazy to ask for another?

I am debating on asking for another CLI on my BOA card, I've gotten two in the last three months and use the heck out of it.  I am not 100% sure yet if I want to request another or not.   I think I need an intervention. hahah

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Would I be crazy to ask for another?

did you the 2 from AUTO CLI? if you asked them, did they require HP's? If you just got the card, and initiated 2 CLKI requests, thats 3 HP's total..if thats the case..I'd cool it.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 2 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I would wait...they might show you some auto luv...but that is just me Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I am debating on asking for another CLI on my BOA card, I've gotten two in the last three months and use the heck out of it.  I am not 100% sure yet if I want to request another or not.   I think I need an intervention. hahah

If you dont mind a new hard pull on your report... Why Not??? They will tell you if you have reached the max credit they will allow based on your credit report and income.  

I have 2 cards with BoA with a total CL of $30k. I have only had their cards since April of this year. 

Message 4 of 13
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@Bsong wrote:

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

If you dont mind a new hard pull on your report... Why Not??? They will tell you if you have reached the max credit they will allow based on your credit report and income.  

I have 2 cards with BoA with a total CL of $30k. I have only had their cards since April of this year. 

how many HP's to get to your current limits??

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 5 of 13
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I don't have any inquiries on my TU and that is the CRA they use to do increases.  I've had the card since March-ish of this year.

Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

How long have you had the card because 2 HP's in 3 months that you have to live with for 2 years Ouch 

And your thinking of a 3rd HP....

Depending on when you got the card possible 3 HP's that's a lot for one product

Those HP's IMHO could have been used for other products on your list if you have others.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

IMHO garden for at least 6 months!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 13
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Hard pulls mean nothing if you are going to garden for a while anyways. if that's the case, at least you are comfortable with your limits and know that you wont be apping for anything anytime soon...and also not getting a car or home loan. 

Hard Pulls diminish with time...and as I said..if you will be gardening for a while...your Fico score shouldnt really matter until you're ready to app for another card, car loan, or home loan.

Message 9 of 13
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

The two increases I got only took one HP but I currently have NO hp's on my TU report.  It is clean at the moment.  Honestly I don't want any other CC's at the moment, I want the ones I have to grow, namely Walmart, Sams, BOA and Barclay.  

I think I'm going to wait!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.