cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I qualify for CSP card or Amex revolver?

tag
Stage24u
Established Member

Would I qualify for CSP card or Amex revolver?

Considering apping for either a Chase Sapphire Preferred card one the Amex revolvers.

Current history is as follows

677 USAA TU/EX/EQ (Leased a BMW, top tier rate recently and score was 718)

Oldest acct is 9yrs

Inquiries- EX 8, EQ 2, TU 4.

Limits- Cap 1 $1500 (2yrs), Cap 1 $300 (Household bank), Kays $7600, Old Navy $700 (2yrs)

I have a foreclosure, Best Buy Card CO, BOFA Card CO, all falling off next month, as it has been 7yrs now.

No negs in last 2yrs, just removing baddies (GW, PFD, Dispute wrong info), and score has increas close to 100pts.

Provable Income $150k, no debt, 10% utilization or less on CC.

Would I qualify for CSP?

Considering Amex as well for 2 reasons:

1. Was an AU on a card, for 1yr, that the person had AMEX from 5yrs previous, and I think the backdating will help.

2. Day 61 3X CLI.....need an actual CC with a decent limit.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Would I qualify for CSP card or Amex revolver?

Message 2 of 18
Stage24u
Established Member

March 2013

Forget to mention I have 2 cars leased in my name:

Honda 33mo, no lates...3mo left (less than $1k owed)

BMW 4mo, no lates...32 mo left

Message 3 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Wait until your baddies have fallen off. IMO, the more distance you put between the new lease the better.
Message 4 of 18
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I would wait for the baddies to fall off. I was just denied for the csp today and they did not like my new accounts and they were not impressed with the limits on my cards. They kept telling me how the csp is a premier card......so I guess they were telling me that its outta my league in a nice way.....lol On the other hand, I got approved for two Amex cards in January and they were both instant approvals. I hope this helps and I wish you luck in whatever you decide. Smiley Wink
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 5 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:
I would wait for the baddies to fall off. I was just denied for the csp today and they did not like my new accounts and they were not impressed with the limits on my cards. They kept telling me how the csp is a premier card......so I guess they were telling me that its outta my league in a nice way.....lol On the other hand, I got approved for two Amex cards in January and they were both instant approvals. I hope this helps and I wish you luck in whatever you decide. Smiley Wink

I don't really get the issue. I understand you have two new accounts from six months ago, but you have a number of other accounts and decent CLs. I was going to reapply after six months with my freedom and venture. Now I am not so sure given your experience, unless there is something else in your file they didn't like. Do you have high balances or util?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

OP: Welcome to the forums!

Amex revolver I think you have a legit chance though it's not guarunteed.  CSP I rather doubt it honestly.    I would still wait for the negatives to drop off, which is likely near the 6 month point on your lease which is a reasonable time to apply.

As snowkitty has suggested, Chase is somewhat picky recently regarding their CSP, I'm starting to wonder if they raised the underwriting requirements from where it was roughly this time last year.  

        
Message 7 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@red259
The issue with Snowkitty's profile wasn't her lack of good good history and good credit lines- it was more a issue with her length of credit history in my opinion and recent apps. I think there would have been an approval if a little more time was placed on her profile.

@Stage24u
If you let your baddies call off and report- I'm thinking your FICO will recover nicely. So much so- I think with your given income- it will overcome your deficiencies with their desired history with higher limits. Let the baddies fall off then app. I think you will be good to go. JMHO. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:Chase is somewhat picky recently regarding their CSP, I'm starting to wonder if they raised the underwriting requirements from where it was roughly this time last year.  

Seems like issuers are starting to tighten a little; the past year, the industry's easy credit policies has created a slight bubble.

Message 9 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:Chase is somewhat picky recently regarding their CSP, I'm starting to wonder if they raised the underwriting requirements from where it was roughly this time last year.  

Seems like issuers are starting to tighten a little; the past year, the industry's easy credit policies has created a slight bubble.

That's a strong possibility, certainly we're seeing skittishness in other places... I'm still horrified by the mortgage rate jump this week, my dreams of homeownership in a decent school district are shattering rapidly. 

        
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.