cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would lenders judge you on Loggin into account many times?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Would lenders judge you on Loggin into account many times?

I login to Chase and Discover multiple times a day lol.

Mostly because of ShopDiscover and Ultimate Rewards mall.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 23
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

i refresh most of my accounts in quicken a few times a day just out of habit to keep things up to date... in a typical month the counter on my logins for my checking account is something else to look at between quicken and mint logging in all the time and updating.  it's nothing to worry about.   the only one i have an issue with is my mortgage servicer keeps locking my acocunt because one or more things isn't prompting me to update the security questions.

Message 22 of 23
OwNt
New Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Ah, OK, going to go all technically geeky.

I promise you they're tracking logins at some level; PCI compliance effectively mandates that.  It's not a long walk to pull an entire history on that, we're talking small amounts of data in a properly implemented date/time field.

Whether as S10 and I suggest it's actually be used today for underwriting decisions is anyone's guess; however, companies have been collecting massive amounts of information over the past two decades, and they're only just now starting to find uses for it (my own employer is no exception to this and we're one of the least technical organizations I've ever worked for).  

End of the day though, they are tracking it, and while it's probably collecting the technical form of dust on a disk platter somewhere, they do have that information.  I wouldn't bet the farm in saying they don't use it conclusively, just because we've never seen any anecdotal incidence.  I would suggest though, monkies with typewriters principle applies, eventually someone will use it.

Yeah, to be compliant with the likes of PCI, SOX, HIPAA, HITECH, etc.. auditing is more or less required for all information systems. While all the data is definitely being stored, it's not necessarily being actively monitored.

PCI by itself is a lot of work to stay compliant with, much less two or more of the aforementioned standards/federal laws.

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.