Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would love a BT, low to mid 600s

tag
travisp33
Contributor

Re: Would love a BT, low to mid 600s

Ok, so what card should I be targeting and what score would I need? Obviously I want this balance transferred off ASAP. There isn't anything out there for bt's with scores in the mid to high 600s?

I mean I'm at 623 now, with 2 collections, a charge off and 95% utilization. Wouldn't eliminating 3 of those 4 give me a giant score boost? Is it really so hopeless that I need a secured card?
Starting 6/13: Experian FAKOS are EX: 610 EQ: 602 TU: 582
Current 5/15: TU Fico: 724
NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 11 of 34
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@travisp33 wrote:
Ok, so what card should I be targeting and what score would I need? Obviously I want this balance transferred off ASAP. There isn't anything out there for bt's with scores in the mid to high 600s?

I mean I'm at 623 now, with 2 collections, a charge off and 95% utilization. Wouldn't eliminating 3 of those 4 give me a giant score boost? Is it really so hopeless that I need a secured card?

It's not hopeless, it just takes time.

Use your credit to clean up DW's, or use hers to clean up yours...then BT to your best interest.  ("your" as in both of you.)

If removing yourself as an AU will help your utilization dramatically, do it.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 12 of 34
myjourney
Super Contributor

@travisp33 wrote:

There aren't a lot of BT cards available in the lower 600's and with 95% UTL it would be hard to be approved for any cards with baddies showing .....Sorry 

I would never call any situation hopeless although I know it seems difficult at the moment.

Secured cards won't really help if CR's are showing Maxed out cards with baddies that's your biggest problem dragging down your scores and unfortunately all you can do at the present is make a good plan to pay down the debt.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase Slate but use the pre-qual at chase.com to keep checking... if you get offer I say GO!

Citicards.com - same thing... keep checking pre-qual.

since you only have 1 card and the util. is high I think you have a good chance of getting another card approved but probably not $12k worth but if you could even get 3-5k that could bring you down to 50% on Discover and 100% on new card and bring your interest down in half which is really the important part!

How about any credit unions local to you?

they might consider a personal loan to pay it off.

Message 14 of 34
travisp33
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

There aren't a lot of BT cards available in the lower 600's and with 95% UTL it would be hard to be approved for any cards with baddies showing .....Sorry 

I would never call any situation hopeless although I know it seems difficult at the moment.

Secured cards won't really help if CR's are showing Maxed out cards with baddies that's your biggest problem dragging down your scores and unfortunately all you can do at the present is make a good plan to pay down the debt.

Sorry, I am not being clear. The plan is now to get removed from the card with 95%. Then wait for the PFD/Disputes to clear the 2 collections. So, I won't be in the low 600s with 95%, I am guessing I will be in the high 600s with 0% utilization.

NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 15 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

He has 2 cards he's an AU on that are maxed out. Adding another card to pay off 30% of Discover would still leave OP with 70% util on one, over 80% on the other and a new card maxed out.

Message 16 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

And stay on the Lowes account? If not you won't have any rev cc ; correct?
Message 17 of 34
travisp33
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Chase Slate but use the pre-qual at chase.com to keep checking... if you get offer I say GO!

Citicards.com - same thing... keep checking pre-qual.

since you only have 1 card and the util. is high I think you have a good chance of getting another card approved but probably not $12k worth but if you could even get 3-5k that could bring you down to 50% on Discover and 100% on new card and bring your interest down in half which is really the important part!

How about any credit unions local to you?

they might consider a personal loan to pay it off.

Perfect - just the kind of advice I was seeking! THanks!

Message 18 of 34
travisp33
Contributor

Yea stay on the lowes and pay down to < 10%.

@09Lexie wrote:
And stay on the Lowes account? If not you won't have any rev cc ; correct?

Message 19 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Your situation will be vastly improved once the baddies are removed, the bal on Lowes is paid down and you are removed from Discover.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.