Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would love to know your results!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to know your results!!

If you ever applied for a credit card through Credit Karma. What were your approval odds, did you get approved or denied, what card did you apply for?

I know people take credit karma approval with a grain of salt. I've been reading it was accurate for a lot of people, and inaccurate for a lot of people.

Thanks for sharing!😜
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would love to know your results!!

@Anonymous wrote:
If you ever applied for a credit card through Credit Karma. What were your approval odds, did you get approved or denied, what card did you apply for?

I know people take credit karma approval with a grain of salt. I've been reading it was accurate for a lot of people, and inaccurate for a lot of people.

Thanks for sharing!😜

last year when i began my credit repairing journey, credit karma recommended me chase freedom, well... chase didn't agree and gave me 2 credit pulls for parting gift.

Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma is a marketing website. I have applied for things they say i could get and got declined immediately. So I never applied for anything again. This was before they switched to vantage and the score they displayed at the time was 615.
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for Capital One and got approved for 3 cards; 2 at once and 1 one week later after being denied for years by them.
Message 4 of 38
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I would only apply direct on a CC's website. Nothing is safe these days.

And on the topic of approval odds......never trust CK
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The better tool to use is the prequalifying tools on credit card websites. Cap1 is very accurate.

Here's my history with CK:

They say: Cap1 QS1 odds Very Good             I was: Approved

They say: Cap1 Platinum odds Very Good     I was: Approved

They say: Discover It odds Poor                        I was: Approved

They say: Amex Everyday odds Fair                I was: Denied

I rate CK's approval odds as meh.

Message 6 of 38
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing!😜

Yes. Applied for discover through ck. approved $2500. Even though they said my chances were fair. 

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm staying in the garden for a while. I logged on ck this morning, and chase freedom very good, slate good Amex Ed good. Funny that they have discover it as poor, yet I was approved in April. Scores went from 510-680 in a year. I'm not gonna sing my reports with CK. just wanted to see how inaccurate it actually was. 😁
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ding not sing.
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is all about $$$$$ for them... All of those sites actually..

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.