Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would love to know your results!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would love to know your results!!

Actually, I used the credit karma back when I didn't know better, do I still use their free service? Nope. Once I realized that it's as useful as a sack of rock. And let's face it, the only reason it's free is because of all the advertising fee they are getting, it's not like they are running the site out of their pocket.

Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

September last year CK had my odds for the Chase Freedom as Very Good. Applied, denied. At the same time they had my odds for the Discover at Fair. I'd already been approved for it in August.

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, I used the credit karma back when I didn't know better, do I still use their free service? Nope. Once I realized that it's as useful as a sack of rock. And let's face it, the only reason it's free is because of all the advertising fee they are getting, it's not like they are running the site out of their pocket.

You don't think completely free access to the information in two credit files, updated weekly, and with instant alerts is useful?

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit Karma is very useful if you don't pay for your reports (in my opinion, I should be able to see the contents of my credit report for FREE whenever I want to, it is my report after all).  Sure, their scores aren't accurate.  But they will reflect accounts and lates, tell you your AAoA, etc. It's very useful once you realize it's limitations.

Let's not get high and mighty here.  You're not out there actively providing people with FREE access to the contents of their reports and FICO scores out of pocket.  How can you expect others to?  Goodwill toward others wont help put food on the table.  The bottom line is money, our society thrives around it.

Message 24 of 38
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I applied for the Freedom and Slate with Good approval odds, denied. Applied for the NFL Extra Points with Poor approval odds, instantly approved for $4K.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting responses. Seems like more people have better chances of approval with poor to fair odds.
Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well whatever the case is based on your signature, you look like you are doing pretty darn good! venture, cap1 qs, amex ED.. nice!

Well, thanks! And back at ya!!

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit Karma is very useful if you don't pay for your reports (in my opinion, I should be able to see the contents of my credit report for FREE whenever I want to, it is my report after all).  Sure, their scores aren't accurate.  But they will reflect accounts and lates, tell you your AAoA, etc. It's very useful once you realize it's limitations.

Let's not get high and mighty here.  You're not out there actively providing people with FREE access to the contents of their reports and FICO scores out of pocket.  How can you expect others to?  Goodwill toward others wont help put food on the table.  The bottom line is money, our society thrives around it.

I'm not trying to get high and mighty, but the fact that you were keep saying FREE this FREE that, I was just replying to it, it's free yeah sure because of advertising. I'll bite my tongue when they offer free and actually acurate bankard scores. Do they even have disclaimer for their advertsement? like "we get paid for advertising this card, but we think you might get approved for this card"

but i guess it comes down to "you get what you pay for". If you're happy with credit karma's free service, good for you, no need to act holier than thou over people who's hostile over credit karma.

Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have said, they are great for access to your report information and mediocre or awful for scores & recommendations. I was given a poor-fair chance on almost all of my approvals, but mostly checked for the data points and not for actual advice. Ideally you would use a combination of MyFico for scores and CK for seeing what's on your reports.

And of course, do a lot of your own research. Their card recommendations aren't great, and they stick to advertising partners. If you rely on them, you'll miss out on, for example, the wonderful, something-for-everybody Sallie Mae card.

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I haven't applied for anything based on what CK suggested. But I do like seeing guess-timate reporting every week, I'm still learning so I like to see the changes from week to week. Also not going to lie, I'm pretty proud of my self so i like to look how far i've come...

If you are taking your credit seriously, you're own research should give you a good idea on what would fit your profile needs right now. CK is just marketing those CCCs. Kinda like how myfico has that revolving slider on top of every single page slinging the card of the month.  

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.