cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would my Dad qualify for a Barclay Ring card?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Would my Dad qualify for a Barclay Ring card?

Welp, my dads TU is now at a 783 and I think his profile deffo qualifys for it, my only concern he got the apple card with barclays about 4 months ago when his TU was sitting at a 650 (as a result of fraud), and his TU should shoot up another 10 points once his util goes down, but my question is should we wait until his apple card is 6 months old to apply for it? or do u think we have a good shot right now? He also was forced to take a cash advance last month on his apple card, but the balance was paid in full once the statement cut..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would my Dad qualify for a Barclay Ring card?

I personally would wait for 6 months between Barclay's applications for an instant approval.  He might have to recon if shorter than 6 months between applications as that has been my experience and ohers and if I waited 6 months it was instants.  I would just personally have him wait two more months if I were him.

Message 2 of 7
elim
Senior Contributor

diversify, no rush

Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Welp, my dads TU is now at a 783 and I think his profile deffo qualifys for it, my only concern he got the apple card with barclays about 4 months ago when his TU was sitting at a 650 (as a result of fraud), and his TU should shoot up another 10 points once his util goes down, but my question is should we wait until his apple card is 6 months old to apply for it? or do u think we have a good shot right now? He also was forced to take a cash advance last month on his apple card, but the balance was paid in full once the statement cut..

Yes I believe he would get it, no need to wait.

And btw, it's my favorite card by far.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I completely agree, but my dad has his head set on buying this motorcycle stuff and he wants it "Now", so im trying to see if I can get barclay's to report mid-cycle, and curious if we would actually be able to get it on recon, which he doesn't mind doing.

Message 5 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I think he would get approved on recon, but might be successful on recon for more $ or have to move some of the limit from the apple card to open the ring which is kinda pointless IMO.  Where as if he waits for the the other to hit 6 months they will auto apporve him without him having to possible pull from another card to open this one.

Also why the ring?  Their are alot of other really good low apr cards or 0% apr card for long periods of time as well..  What about a CU card?  They are all mainly all < 10 APR% such as PenFed/Nasa, etc.

Message 6 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Ima pm you CC, thanks for all your great advice!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.