cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would one baddie affect Chase's approval odds? Baddie friendly prime cards???

tag
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Would one baddie affect Chase's approval odds? Baddie friendly prime cards???

Would having one account in collections affect my Chase approval odds in the future? Which prime credit cards are baddie friendly to obtain? I have something that went to collections and the collection company (Midland) said even if I settled with them or PIF it would still remain on my CRs. That would be my only baddie.... Let's say in 6 months from now I'm interested in applying for Chase or Citibank card- would I get approved? I know inquires, age, utilization, and on-time payments are a factor, but let's say I nailed those areas...  Would I declined for one PIF collection baddie? Am I doomed from Because of one baddie??

Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Would one baddie affect Chase's approval odds? Baddie friendly prime cards???

It may have changed but Chase apps used to have something about significant delinquencies within 2 years.

May be better to try negotiating a PFD with Midland. That would pretty-up your report!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Re: Would one baddie affect Chase's approval odds? Baddie friendly prime cards???

They say they won't 

Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 3 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@EmmyWannabeOrman wrote:

Would having one account in collections affect my Chase approval odds in the future? Which prime credit cards are baddie friendly to obtain? I have something that went to collections and the collection company (Midland) said even if I settled with them or PIF it would still remain on my CRs. That would be my only baddie.... Let's say in 6 months from now I'm interested in applying for Chase or Citibank card- would I get approved? I know inquires, age, utilization, and on-time payments are a factor, but let's say I nailed those areas...  Would I declined for one PIF collection baddie? Am I doomed from Because of one baddie??

I have one collection that was reported on my EX and TU reports back in April 2011. It still reports of course, its a 56 dollar utility collection. I got approved for my first prime card back in August of 2012 (with Discover). In March of 2013 i got approved for Amex followed by Citi and BofA. In May i got my first visa signature (chase marriott). So depending on what kind of collection it is and the amount i would wait at least a year before going for Chase. You can try after 6 months but you may have to recon the application and have a good reason why that collection appeared recently. As others have suggested i would write a good will letter to midland and ask them if they can delete the collection if you pay the original amount in full. Dont call them, just keep sending them letters and hopefully they will respond back and agree. Sometimes it takes persistence to get this agencies to finally cave in.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

For chase it seems to be no major derog in past 2 or 3 years, and no derogs in general in the past 6 months.

If the collection is fairly new, its best you wait. Even if you somehow manage to convince the analyst to approve you, you are most likely going to get a high apr and low CL. Chase rarely ever lower apr.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I hear they never delete, but with age on collections maybe I have a chance. I "owe" $669.00, is that more damaging since it's a higher balance ?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.