Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would someone please stop me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would someone please stop me

I applied for Chase last week and got it. I just applied for a Macys store card and got it 300 cl. Im not used to getting credit I apply for I used to them laughing at me. I have cleaned up my credit a lot. The only other card I want right now is Best Buy. I think I should sit on my hands though, no more typing for me.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would someone please stop me

Go ahead and go for the Best Buy, if you think you'll use it. THEN call it a day.
Message 2 of 9
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

What sort of initial line does Best Buy give? What does your credit score have to be and what CR do they usually pull?
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

why not try circuit city! i got a 1000CL there 3mos intrest free also! there First USA BAnk /Chase
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

MichiganMommy,

I've noticed you usually ask the same questions about different creditors. They are excellent questions but often the best answer can be found at whogavemecredit.com .  I do know Best Buy is usually relatively generous for opening lines for cards, especially if you are making a big ticket item purchase.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

STOP
Message 6 of 9
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the advice Debtisgood. Someone else pointed that site out, but for some reason I cannot access it... I keeps showing a pop up blocker, which I do not have on. It was more trouble than it was worth if someone could answer my question.

My home computer is a little limited, but who really wants to be on their work computer looking this stuff up??? I really appreciate those who have taken the time to share with me their experiences through this Forum.

Message Edited by MichiganMommy on 06-21-2008 05:39 PM
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say Stop. If you need a big ticket item from Best Buy that is a necessity then go for it...But if you just want it in case I would wait. Like someone else said you can get good introductory rates on big ticket items. So if you open it now and don't need anything you would lose out on the intro rate.
Message 8 of 9
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

credithopefull wrote:
I applied for Chase last week and got it. I just applied for a Macys store card and got it 300 cl. Im not used to getting credit I apply for I used to them laughing at me. I have cleaned up my credit a lot. The only other card I want right now is Best Buy. I think I should sit on my hands though, no more typing for me.

Stop.....................do it...........................Stop..................do it..........stop
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.