Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would this be too much???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would this be too much???

@Anonymous wrote:

Is Credit Solutions one of those credit repair things that you pay for?  Why would you pay for it when you're doing well and have a good resource here and online?  

Congrats on the 3 cards.  Pretty good app-o-rama, you can push it a bit more or you can leave it alone.  You'd be right be in the iffy zone for me, where I'd be tempted to go for one more, but also satisified and not wanting to push my luck too much.

Hello MBSS,

I googled Credit Solutions and a credit repair company did come up, but a few of the results came back with it being a credit card/financial company.  Long story short, I didn't quite think they were a credit repair company based on some posts that I saw here.  Several folks seemed to indicate that you call a 800 number or something, and then more often than not, you would get credit line increases over if you requested the increase yourself directly thru whomever is your credit card lendor.  So that certainly peaked my interest!

Also, I certainly didn't want to push my luck either.  I haven't had credit cards in years because of my previous spending habits, and not paying back like I should.  I have learned life's lessons though and am much WISER now, but I am not financial/FICO/credit wise though other than the fact that ALL of my bills will be paid on time if not early! ;-)

Message 11 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

You refer to the Amazon Rewards card, is this the Chase Visa card?   If so, I would suggest NOT going for that and apply for the Amazon store card the other posters mention.  It has a higher rewards rate on Amazon.

Hey longtimelurker,

I am thinking about the Amazon Rewards card.  BUT, I did get a popup about a Chase Visa card too.  I figured I should probably stay away from that one.  I would like to get the most 'rewards' I can get for my shopping habits ;-)

Message 12 of 42
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Definitely apply for the store version opposed to the Chase visa version. The store one will give you your best savings if you use Amazon a lot and the CL will grow a lot faster. 

Message 13 of 42
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks NeverTooLate for your response here ;-)

I am thinking that I 'might' try for the Amazon card.  Not 100% certain just as yet.

I've also heard about "Credit Solutions", would you by chance happen to know anything about that, or should I make a separate post and that way keep threads clean?

Thanks in advance.

Do you use Amazon that much? If so than get what you want. Your scores are good. Right now you can probably get any card you want. 

I'd focus on more major credit cards than store cards..but that is just me. Doesn't hurt to be a member of several CU's. I think I'm a member with 5 at the moment. lol

Hi Gmood1,

I use Amazon quite a bit and am a Prime Club member.  I've been with them for quite a few years now.  I do see your point about major credit cards rather than the store cards, and to be honest, that does make a lot of sense.  It's just that I shop so much with them, that I was looking from the standpoint that perhaps I could get some good discounts or something.  To be honest, I am not really sure, and that's why I came here to get some insights into this from more experienced folks than I am ;-)

I see, well if its going to save you money and benefit you..then it's all good! Smiley Happy

I was thinking you may want to get some of the more difficult CC's under your belt before Synchrony. They're one of the easiest companies to get credit with.

Basically follow the path of least resistance once you grab the pickiest cards that would also benefit you.

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

Definitely apply for the store version opposed to the Chase visa version. The store one will give you your best savings if you use Amazon a lot and the CL will grow a lot faster. 

Thanks creditguy...  I really am about to pull the trigger, and then go gardening for a while. - That is of course except sometime within the forthcoming months, I may just refinance my home.  Paying a ridicilous interest rate at 8% that was locked in when I first purchased my home 20 years ago thru FHA.

Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking that I 'might' try for the Amazon card.  Not 100% certain just as yet.

I've also heard about "Credit Solutions", would you by chance happen to know anything about that, or should I make a separate post and that way keep threads clean?

Thanks in advance.

Do you use Amazon that much? If so than get what you want. Your scores are good. Right now you can probably get any card you want. 

I'd focus on more major credit cards than store cards..but that is just me. Doesn't hurt to be a member of several CU's. I think I'm a member with 5 at the moment. lol

Hi Gmood1,

I use Amazon quite a bit and am a Prime Club member.  I've been with them for quite a few years now.  I do see your point about major credit cards rather than the store cards, and to be honest, that does make a lot of sense.  It's just that I shop so much with them, that I was looking from the standpoint that perhaps I could get some good discounts or something.  To be honest, I am not really sure, and that's why I came here to get some insights into this from more experienced folks than I am ;-)

I see, well if its going to save you money and benefit you..then it's all good! Smiley Happy

I was thinking you may want to get some of the more difficult CC's under your belt before Synchrony. They're one of the easiest companies to get credit with.

Basically follow the path of least resistance once you grab the pickiest cards that would also benefit you.

When you say "more difficult CC's" what exactly do you mean?-  those that require 'excellent' credit.

Message 16 of 42
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gmood1,

When you say "more difficult CC's" what exactly do you mean?-  those that require 'excellent' credit.

Not necessarily, some require you not to have too many new accounts at the time you apply with them. FYI, your scores at the moment are considered excellent by many lenders.

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is Credit Solutions one of those credit repair things that you pay for?  Why would you pay for it when you're doing well and have a good resource here and online?  

Congrats on the 3 cards.  Pretty good app-o-rama, you can push it a bit more or you can leave it alone.  You'd be right be in the iffy zone for me, where I'd be tempted to go for one more, but also satisified and not wanting to push my luck too much.

Hello MBSS,

I googled Credit Solutions and a credit repair company did come up, but a few of the results came back with it being a credit card/financial company.  Long story short, I didn't quite think they were a credit repair company based on some posts that I saw here.  Several folks seemed to indicate that you call a 800 number or something, and then more often than not, you would get credit line increases over if you requested the increase yourself directly thru whomever is your credit card lendor.  So that certainly peaked my interest!

Also, I certainly didn't want to push my luck either.  I haven't had credit cards in years because of my previous spending habits, and not paying back like I should.  I have learned life's lessons though and am much WISER now, but I am not financial/FICO/credit wise though other than the fact that ALL of my bills will be paid on time if not early! ;-)

Oh, yeah, I was wrong about the credit solutions thing.  I haven't been here in a year and I've forgotten everything while I gardened.  I can't even figure out how to update my sig or quote a post, lol.  I'll get it.

Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gmood1,

Not necessarily, some require you not to have too many new accounts at the time you apply with them. FYI, your scores at the moment are considered excellent by many lenders.

Ohhhhhh.... "I see" says the wise man.  I didn't know that about some of the credit card lenders, nor did I know my scores are considered excellent by some lenders.  Hmmm.... that does give me something to think about as well.  I can tell you for sure, this is one thing that I like about this website, and its forums! ;-)

Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello MBSS,

Oh, yeah, I was wrong about the credit solutions thing.  I haven't been here in a year and I've forgotten everything while I gardened.  I can't even figure out how to update my sig or quote a post, lol.  I'll get it.

In order to quote a post, when you click the "Reply" button, before you start typing your reply in the reply box, over to the right you will see the button labeled "Quote"- but you have to click on "Reply" first.  I just got my sig stuff setup yesterday I think it was.  I will see if I can find that info on doing that.

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.