cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would this rock the boat with Comenity??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would this rock the boat with Comenity??

I was discharged from bk7 back in August of this year. I had two Comenity cards with zero balances that stayed open thru the bk. I have used them since the discharge and all is well. My limits are 2500 and 2800. I also opened a Capital One card immediately following my discharge and was approved for 1k. So today I applied for a hot topic card (Comenity) and was approved for 350.00. I am grateful for that but I would really like to have a higher limit for my rebuilding process. Should I request a higher limit or just leave it alone? I don't want anything to happen to my cards that made it thru the bk. Would asking for a higher limit be harmful to me?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would this rock the boat with Comenity??

jmho - I'd let it ride. Your bankruptcy is too recent. Use your cards well so you can do all those financial things you hope for after some time has passed.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I would just let it be for now. The limit will grow, just give it time!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought. Thanks for your answers. I needed to hear it from someone other then myself......lol
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

With 2 Comenity cards already over 2k, right now i dont believe you need more on a Hot Topic card. Congrats on getting a Cap One card. I would recomend to not load up on any more Comenity cards , game plan it to build your credit right and diversifySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
With 2 Comenity cards alrwady over 2k, right now i dont believe you need more on a Hot Topic card. Congrats on getting a Cap One card. I would recomend to not load up on any more Comenity cards , game plan it to build your credit right and diversifySmiley Wink

Exactly this, you need to apply for maybe the discover it secured/nonsecured stuff like that not more store cards. Enhance your portfolio with true credit cards that will help you long term. Dv

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My limits are over 2k not my balances. Both of those cards are 0 balance. I only used them to put 1 purchase on them and pay off immediately. I just wanted to make sure they both still really worked....lol So, I applied for the Hot Topic card because I shop there alot and could use the rewards. Are you saying it would be a bad thing to eventually have that one grow like the others?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only opened the Hot Topic card because I shop there and would like to take advantage of the rewards. Unfortunately I burned Discover in my BK. I've read to try for another Cap One card after having my current one for 6 months and then if approved, combine them. Some one else said to try Barclays which I have always been afraid of. I have burned just about everyone else....Citi, Amex, Chase, Discover and Synchrony. Any idea how long it takes to get back in with Synchrony? I know their store cards lead up to major cards. Or just stay away from store cards of any sort? I get preapprovals in everyday from subprime places First Premier and several other places that I've never heard of. I just throw all of those out.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My limits are over 2k not my balances. Both of those cards are 0 balance. I only used them to put 1 purchase on them and pay off immediately. I just wanted to make sure they both still really worked....lol So, I applied for the Hot Topic card because I shop there alot and could use the rewards. Are you saying it would be a bad thing to eventually have that one grow like the others?

I'm saying that a discover, mastercard or visa works even better there that have rewards.  Sorry that you burned discover I don't know how long it takes to get back in with them. Don't go with the predatory cards. But too many store cards will hurt you as well. It's tricky when starting over. When I started and I'm still rebuilding. I got a capital one card, a US Bank secured card and a discover it secured card. I also have two store cards now but that is my limit I will have no more than that. Dv

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.