Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you believe it!!!!

tag
scottykhan
Contributor

Would you believe it!!!!

Just got Fidelity Amex Card by FedEx today and believe me it's made of one of cheapest plastic material available in the market. This card could have been much more attractive if the material would have been good. The first impression I got that they might have sent me by mistake the "Demo" card. Does any other fidelity card holder has the same feelings?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Would you believe it!!!!

@scottykhan wrote:
Just got Fidelity Amex Card by FedEx today and believe me it's made of one of cheapest plastic material available in the market. This card could have been much more attractive if the material would have been good. The first impression I got that they might have sent me by mistake the "Demo" card. Does any other fidelity card holder has the same feelings?

Whats it real flimsy??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 20
scottykhan
Contributor

It is.... If I would give someone to swipe he might wanna look at twice whether it's real or fake
Message 3 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:
It is.... If I would give someone to swipe he might wanna look at twice whether it's real or fake

Smiley Very Happy

Yea hopefully someone can chime in on that for you, i've never hear about this situation here before.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 20
ElCamino
Contributor

They need to cut costs for that 2% CB... Smiley Wink

In all seriousness, mine doesn't feel too flimsy, if anything the Amex BCE bends much easier to me.

It's just not as pretty as other cards though.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 5 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ElCamino wrote:

They need to cut costs for that 2% CB... Smiley Wink

In all seriousness, mine doesn't feel too flimsy, if anything the Amex BCE bends much easier to me.

It's just not as pretty as other cards though.

Agree with this.  To me, it's just as sturdy as most of the other cards, and the BCP seems much flimsy.  But as for the design, yep, not a great job:

"Hey, can you design something for the card.  It's an Amex, so maybe make it green, but not the same green as an actual Amex card.  Oh, make sure you put word Fidelity on.   Yep, that's all you need"

Message 6 of 20
scottykhan
Contributor

Fidelity is an investment firm just like Merrill Lynch. But Merrill Lynch are looks great design wise. And the material is also much better. You expect a little better card design and material from an investment firm. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 20
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

I agree... My Amex BCE is muuuuuch more flimsy!!!
Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 20
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:

I have the SAME problem with my AMEX BCE card. It's really pretty, but the card itself feels very flimsy/cheaply assembled, and the Blue part is already scratched/chipped and it's only 5 months old Smiley Sad

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 9 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@GaTech wrote:

@scottykhan wrote:

I have the SAME problem with my AMEX BCE card. It's really pretty, but the card itself feels very flimsy/cheaply assembled, and the Blue part is already scratched/chipped and it's only 5 months old Smiley Sad

Time to order another one!!!! Smiley Very Happy

I can't have my AMEX looking anything but right out in public!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.