Contributor

Would you believe it!!!!

Just got Fidelity Amex Card by FedEx today and believe me it's made of one of cheapest plastic material available in the market. This card could have been much more attractive if the material would have been good. The first impression I got that they might have sent me by mistake the "Demo" card. Does any other fidelity card holder has the same feelings?
Mega Contributor

Re: Would you believe it!!!!

scottykhan wrote:
Just got Fidelity Amex Card by FedEx today and believe me it's made of one of cheapest plastic material available in the market. This card could have been much more attractive if the material would have been good. The first impression I got that they might have sent me by mistake the "Demo" card. Does any other fidelity card holder has the same feelings?

Whats it real flimsy??

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Contributor

It is.... If I would give someone to swipe he might wanna look at twice whether it's real or fake
Mega Contributor

scottykhan wrote:
It is.... If I would give someone to swipe he might wanna look at twice whether it's real or fake

:smileyvery-happy:

Yea hopefully someone can chime in on that for you, i've never hear about this situation here before.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Contributor

They need to cut costs for that 2% CB... :smileywink:

In all seriousness, mine doesn't feel too flimsy, if anything the Amex BCE bends much easier to me.

It's just not as pretty as other cards though.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Super Contributor

ElCamino wrote:

They need to cut costs for that 2% CB... :smileywink:

In all seriousness, mine doesn't feel too flimsy, if anything the Amex BCE bends much easier to me.

It's just not as pretty as other cards though.

Agree with this.  To me, it's just as sturdy as most of the other cards, and the BCP seems much flimsy.  But as for the design, yep, not a great job:

"Hey, can you design something for the card.  It's an Amex, so maybe make it green, but not the same green as an actual Amex card.  Oh, make sure you put word Fidelity on.   Yep, that's all you need"

Contributor

Fidelity is an investment firm just like Merrill Lynch. But Merrill Lynch are looks great design wise. And the material is also much better. You expect a little better card design and material from an investment firm. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor

I agree... My Amex BCE is muuuuuch more flimsy!!!

Starting Score: EQ 414 (01/05/11), TU 422 (01/05/11), EX ???
Current Score: ALL FICO's: EQ 654 (04/17/13), TU 641(03/04/13), EX 638 (03/20/13 - AMEX SOFT PULL)
Goal Score: ABOVE 680 ALL 3
Current Cards: Too many!!! App Free since 04/19/13 & NOT APPING until 04/2014....
Frequent Contributor

scottykhan wrote:

I have the SAME problem with my AMEX BCE card. It's really pretty, but the card itself feels very flimsy/cheaply assembled, and the Blue part is already scratched/chipped and it's only 5 months old :smileysad:

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Mega Contributor

GaTech wrote:

scottykhan wrote:

I have the SAME problem with my AMEX BCE card. It's really pretty, but the card itself feels very flimsy/cheaply assembled, and the Blue part is already scratched/chipped and it's only 5 months old :smileysad:

Time to order another one!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

I can't have my AMEX looking anything but right out in public!

Starting Score:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.