cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you get a new credit card for $3 more a month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would you get a new credit card for $3 more a month?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello $33k limit in 61 days... Smiley Wink

With a reported income of $31k, I think they'd hit me with a financial review if I tried that, lol.

Even so, you can just back that number down until you get an instant approval.

Income isn't everything.  My reported income with Amex is between 2X-3X what yours is, yet your SL was higher than mine.  Income is a factor, no doubt, but overall profile strength is huge as well and if yours is strong you may be surprised how much they're willing to extend you.

Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have around the same income at  $32K and my limit went from $8200 to $15400 on day 61.  That was more than enough for me.  Congrats on a great SL.

Message 42 of 44
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello $33k limit in 61 days... Smiley Wink

With a reported income of $31k, I think they'd hit me with a financial review if I tried that, lol.

They'd possibly ask for proof of income, but financial review would be unlikely. Providing proof of income is optional, and as BBS states, you can back out. From what I hear, financial review is horrible, and there's no way to back out of it.

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to go for it. Got an sign up offer of $250 with $1000 spending in 3 months, which I can swing. $11k limit (same as my Quicksilver) and 17.24% interest rate, which isn't great but I always pay in full every month so it doesn't really matter. Can't use any of the current other offers right now, although a couple of them would be of interest at one time or another. One was for something I bought a month or two ago, so there's likely to be some value there in the future.

Thank you all for your opinions and insight! Smiley Happy

Good call.  It's just a good card and good to be in the Amex family.

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.