Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

I think I may have found a way to join PSECU through an organization, but it'll cost that much just to become eligible. For the out-of-state folks. I'm just wondering if it's worth it...

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

@WarJar101 wrote:

I think I may have found a way to join PSECU through an organization, but it'll cost that much just to become eligible. For the out-of-state folks. I'm just wondering if it's worth it...

I'm already in, but yes I would anyday. Awesome CU!!!

So what did you find?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

I'm already in, but yes I would anyday. Awesome CU!!!

So what did you find?

I'm interested to hear also. Last time I looked it seemed like PSECU had cut off any out-of-state residents regardless of organization affiliation...

Message 3 of 48
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

A possible way in through joining the organization "PASEO" as an associate member, they accept out of state members, which I already have confirmed through PASEO. The only thing is whether or not PSECU will decline an out of state address. The thing is, it doesn't say PA residents only like it does for the PRPS loophole. So, I'm assuming that was the only reason why people couldn't join.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 48
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I would not.  Presumably, the reason you are doing this is to get access to your EX score.  I don't find it makes that much difference that I don't know what my EX score is.  If I were at the beginning of my rebuilding journey, were trying to buy a house, and was borderline on my scores, I would consider doing it so that I had a better idea where I stood (especially given that the TU score offered here isn't that helpful for mortgage applicants).  But outside of those circumstances, I don't need access to my EX score. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 48
laz98
Senior Contributor

No, I wouldn't.

Message 6 of 48
Smug
Established Contributor

In a heartbeat, they gave me 10k card, a 1.49 auto loan and other options, love it as much as NFCU!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 7 of 48
ceejx
Established Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

A possible way in through joining the organization "PASEO" as an associate member, they accept out of state members, which I already have confirmed through PASEO. The only thing is whether or not PSECU will decline an out of state address. The thing is, it doesn't say PA residents only like it does for the PRPS loophole. So, I'm assuming that was the only reason why people couldn't join.

I attempted to apply with an organization I had access to, and after the process I was directed to contact customer service to complete the app. The first thing the lady said is "You're in California, we can't let you in, thanks for applying though." This was about 2 months ago. YMMV

Message 8 of 48
AmExcelent

Absolutely! Their no fee + 9.9% APR for cash advances card saved my life when I was in a very difficult pinch last year. Plus, they're very generous in the limits they hand out. Think of the EX FICO this way: on a per annum basis, that $75 turns into only $6.25/ month. If you've been a member for 2 years like I have, that brings it down to about $3.00 a month. Where are you going to find a better deal than that? If I were you'd I'd jump at this chance before it gets snatched away like the Parks and Recreation society did.
Message 9 of 48
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

The website has SEG next to it. I think you have to employee of PASEO to be eligible.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.