cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

@rtw wrote:
Got approved for 15K Visa/PSL in July with a 651 EX.

Thats awesome!!

They will approve with lower score if your established with history. Its all YMMV.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 48
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Here's a "Mod Cut" email I sent to PSECU support team and the response I got back regarding joining through PASEO. Whoever decides to take a shot at it before I do, let me know the results.

support@psecu.com
Sep 22 (4 days ago)

to me

If you are currently still a member of PASEO you will be eligible to apply for membership at PSECU. You may be asked to submit proof of your membership of PASEO once we receive your application.

----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----
Sent: 9/22/2012 1:56:06 AM
To: webform@psecu.com
Subject: Membership Eligibility Through Association

Hello, I'm currently an associate member of PASEO (Pennsylvania Association of Sewage Enforcement Officers). Up until a few months ago, I was living in Pennsylvania, however I have currently relocated out of state to New York City. I'm wondering whether or not I am still eligible to join PSECU. Thank you for your consideration.

Please refrain from using foul language.Lightnin,myFICO moderator

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 22 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Here's a "Mod Cut" email I sent to PSECU support team and the response I got back regarding joining through PASEO. Whoever decides to take a shot at it before I do, let me know the results.

support@psecu.com
Sep 22 (4 days ago)

to me

If you are currently still a member of PASEO you will be eligible to apply for membership at PSECU. You may be asked to submit proof of your membership of PASEO once we receive your application.

----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----
Sent: 9/22/2012 1:56:06 AM
To: webform@psecu.com
Subject: Membership Eligibility Through Association

Hello, I'm currently an associate member of PASEO (Pennsylvania Association of Sewage Enforcement Officers). Up until a few months ago, I was living in Pennsylvania, however I have currently relocated out of state to New York City. I'm wondering whether or not I am still eligible to join PSECU. Thank you for your consideration.

They may also request proof of PA address. Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lately, PSECU has not HP'd for just membership. I was not HP'd nor was a fellow member I walked through the membership process with. 

Message 24 of 48
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

No!

Message 25 of 48
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

So was the no in response to the OP's question?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you plan on utilizing PSECU for their credit products, I would say yes. If you are doing it just for the score, $75 is a bit much - a walmart card would do the same thing and not cost anything. But, I joined bc PRPS was an easy way to do it (pa resident),  I get the EX score. I plan on app'ing for the Visa and possibly would use them for a car purchase (not new cars bc I typically have qualified for low rates below 1%). But, I might get a another car (pre-owned) in a year or so... so they might have good rates for me to finance it through them.

Message 27 of 48
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I think I found the answer. The psecu site says association member but the paseo site has full members who must be a licensed seo and associate members. My guess is that associate members don't have full benefits. This would include psecu membership.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 48
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

So was the no in response to the OP's question?

Yes, I much prefer local CU.

Message 29 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

PSECU is a great CU to join. I'm with them. Now if they would give me the VISA/PSL combo, I would love it.

Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.