Reply
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,841
Registered: ‎06-08-2012

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

My application is being "referred". i was told it would be investigated in order it was received. 



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?


Duncanrr wrote:

My application is being "referred". i was told it would be investigated in order it was received. 


Fingers crossed for you, sounds like they're investigating if its legit.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal
Posts: 2,061
Registered: ‎07-29-2011

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

I recently got in after talking to multiple PSECU reps over the phone about how to apply.   I have a PA driver's license and they told me to use family address in PA on my app.  They wouldn't have advised this if the loophole mentioned here was valid.  Sorry guys.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:701
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Established Contributor
MountainHiker
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?


DaveSignal wrote:

I recently got in after talking to multiple PSECU reps over the phone about how to apply.   I have a PA driver's license and they told me to use family address in PA on my app.  They wouldn't have advised this if the loophole mentioned here was valid.  Sorry guys.


Maybe a mailbox in PA would work as well for those interested?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?


MountainHiker wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

I recently got in after talking to multiple PSECU reps over the phone about how to apply.   I have a PA driver's license and they told me to use family address in PA on my app.  They wouldn't have advised this if the loophole mentioned here was valid.  Sorry guys.


Maybe a mailbox in PA would work as well for those interested?


I dont think a PO box would work, only a physical address.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
Walt_K
Posts: 3,065
Registered: ‎11-02-2009

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?


Revelate wrote:

TilltedBrim wrote:

Bump... Has anyone been able to get through this loop hole and become a member?  Hoping to keep this tread somewhat alive until someone post their success or not.


Well while I'm sort of hoping this works, my gut feeling is it won't unless you are a resident of the state of PA... or fall under one of their incredibly few exceptions to that fact.

 

I don't know why they changed their policies on that a year or so ago, but I rather doubt it's changed back again; however, I'd be pretty happy to be proved wrong :smileyhappy:.  I'd pay $75 in a heartbeat for a one-time fee for access to my EX mortgage score for the next few years, that's not a decision I even have to think about it makes so much sense for me personally heh.

 

 


I'm guessing of the hundreds of people that signed up for accounts to just get their EX FICO score, most probably deposited minimal amounts in a checking account and pretty much do no business through PSECU, probably costing them money. 


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
kwazziee
Posts: 148
Registered: ‎09-26-2011

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

[ Edited ]

I have confirmed this. I sent an email to them and this is the reply.

 

"Me: I am an associate member of PASEO and would like to know if I am eligible to join your Credit Union. Thank you.

PSECU: Good Morning:  In order to correctly answer your question what does PASEO stand for or what is the full name of the organization?

Me: It stand for Pennsylvania Association of Sewage Enforcement Officers. Thank you.

PSECU: You would need to be a permanent resident and municipal employee in PA."

 

 

edit: This is reply to the earlier post regarding being a member of PASEO to join PSECU. Forgot to quote:smileytongue:

 

Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,841
Registered: ‎06-08-2012

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?


kwazziee wrote:

I have confirmed this. I sent an email to them and this is the reply.

 

"Me: I am an associate member of PASEO and would like to know if I am eligible to join your Credit Union. Thank you.

PSECU: Good Morning:  In order to correctly answer your question what does PASEO stand for or what is the full name of the organization?

Me: It stand for Pennsylvania Association of Sewage Enforcement Officers. Thank you.

PSECU: You would need to be a permanent resident and municipal employee in PA."

 

 

edit: This is reply to the earlier post regarding being a member of PASEO to join PSECU. Forgot to quote:smileytongue:

 


When did you send this message? Was it after 9/27?



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+