Frequent Contributor
Longroad

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if........

Mrm-na wrote:

I don't mind the inquiry being scored as a hard pull.  They can have the hard pull - after all, I *am* asking for credit, and that's what a HP is supposed to indicate.

But when an application is submitted, and they do the hard pull, I do think they ought to be willing to give offers for a few different cards that we select from a list.  It's annoying that they make you play a guessing game.  Why not just tell me "Okay Mr. X, you indicated an interest in cards #1, 2, and 3.  Our computer has checked your report, and it will offer you card #1 with these terms, card #2 with these terms, or card #3 with these terms."  Then I make a choice, and everybody's happy.

Now if I start trying to get manual human recon involved, then I can see how playing multiple choice would be too labor intensive.  But as long as I accept a computer decision, then options should be on the table.

If I pick "none of the above", I think it's totally legit that I'd still get a hard pull on my report. I would have no complaint with that.

Exactly what I had in mind. 

Valued Contributor
notfancy

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if........

Mrm-na wrote:

I don't mind the inquiry being scored as a hard pull.  They can have the hard pull - after all, I *am* asking for credit, and that's what a HP is supposed to indicate.

But when an application is submitted, and they do the hard pull, I do think they ought to be willing to give offers for a few different cards that we select from a list.  It's annoying that they make you play a guessing game.  Why not just tell me "Okay Mr. X, you indicated an interest in cards #1, 2, and 3.  Our computer has checked your report, and it will offer you card #1 with these terms, card #2 with these terms, or card #3 with these terms."  Then I make a choice, and everybody's happy.

Now if I start trying to get manual human recon involved, then I can see how playing multiple choice would be too labor intensive.  But as long as I accept a computer decision, then options should be on the table.

If I pick "none of the above", I think it's totally legit that I'd still get a hard pull on my report. I would have no complaint with that.

Very true. This would be lovely. Or even "Okay Mr. X, you indicated an interest in cards #1, 2, and 3.  Our computer has checked your report, and it will offer you card #1 with these terms, card #2 with these terms,  but you do not qualify for card #3, and there is the option of card number 4 which you did not indicate with these terms"

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}