Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wouldn't it be nice if........

tag
Longroad
Established Contributor

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if........

@Mrm-na wrote:

I don't mind the inquiry being scored as a hard pull.  They can have the hard pull - after all, I *am* asking for credit, and that's what a HP is supposed to indicate.

But when an application is submitted, and they do the hard pull, I do think they ought to be willing to give offers for a few different cards that we select from a list.  It's annoying that they make you play a guessing game.  Why not just tell me "Okay Mr. X, you indicated an interest in cards #1, 2, and 3.  Our computer has checked your report, and it will offer you card #1 with these terms, card #2 with these terms, or card #3 with these terms."  Then I make a choice, and everybody's happy.

Now if I start trying to get manual human recon involved, then I can see how playing multiple choice would be too labor intensive.  But as long as I accept a computer decision, then options should be on the table.

If I pick "none of the above", I think it's totally legit that I'd still get a hard pull on my report. I would have no complaint with that.

Exactly what I had in mind. 

Message 11 of 12
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if........

@Mrm-na wrote:

I don't mind the inquiry being scored as a hard pull.  They can have the hard pull - after all, I *am* asking for credit, and that's what a HP is supposed to indicate.

But when an application is submitted, and they do the hard pull, I do think they ought to be willing to give offers for a few different cards that we select from a list.  It's annoying that they make you play a guessing game.  Why not just tell me "Okay Mr. X, you indicated an interest in cards #1, 2, and 3.  Our computer has checked your report, and it will offer you card #1 with these terms, card #2 with these terms, or card #3 with these terms."  Then I make a choice, and everybody's happy.

Now if I start trying to get manual human recon involved, then I can see how playing multiple choice would be too labor intensive.  But as long as I accept a computer decision, then options should be on the table.

If I pick "none of the above", I think it's totally legit that I'd still get a hard pull on my report. I would have no complaint with that.

Very true. This would be lovely. Or even "Okay Mr. X, you indicated an interest in cards #1, 2, and 3.  Our computer has checked your report, and it will offer you card #1 with these terms, card #2 with these terms,  but you do not qualify for card #3, and there is the option of card number 4 which you did not indicate with these terms"

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.