FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wow! BOA impresses me again!

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

oh guess I am not eligible since I have 0 banking relationship with BofA. Does the regular Privileges card have this requirement as well?

I converted mine from the standard BofA 1-2-3 Visa Signature earlier in the year.  The $50K relationship requirement was flexible at the time in lieu of the $75 AF.  AFAIK, they changed their policy not long ago and couldn't PC standard 1-2-3 into Privileges Cash Rewards unless the $50K requirement was met or you would have to apply separately for the card. 

I would say it appears the Merril+ is starting to look more tempting ... what do you think?  No FTF, no AF...their insurance and travel service benefits seem decent.  And, as with the FIA Fidelity AMEX, the Merril+ does not have the CMA requirement (optional if you do) to be elegible for the card.

https://card.ml.com/RWDapp/ml/merrillplus

The merrill card does look very nice. 

In the T&C it says that upon spending 50k annually, customers will be upgraded to the PLUS tier, which comes with more benefits. Do you have any details on what those benefits are specifically?

I did see that but I'm afraid I don't have those details nailed yet.  Just started researching about this one not long ago since it is on my radar for next year.  Since you'll likely consider getting this one soon, I would be very curious to see how you like it!   Maybe someone else who has the PLUS tier could chime in.

Sorry young, we've seemed to have veered off course and hijacked your thread...lol Robot Very Happy

If you're looking for details, you can find them here:

https://www.rewards.ml.com/cms/published/root/rps/pdf/AR1A103D-2013_OnlineMERRILLPLUS_TCs_no_RitzOff...

You can transfer Merrill+ points into BA Avios, DL Skypesos, and with PLUS you'll get Lounge Club with 10 free visits per year. This is their middle-tier membership. You can also request either full AA Admirals Club or DL SkyClub Membership once per year. There are other benefits as well, but they are relatively minor for most people.

@awesome CS.... reading as we speak...  LOL @ Skypesos... hey some folks value those pesos...I don't fly Delta...much.

Message 41 of 46
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

oh guess I am not eligible since I have 0 banking relationship with BofA. Does the regular Privileges card have this requirement as well?

I converted mine from the standard BofA 1-2-3 Visa Signature earlier in the year.  The $50K relationship requirement was flexible at the time in lieu of the $75 AF.  AFAIK, they changed their policy not long ago and couldn't PC standard 1-2-3 into Privileges Cash Rewards unless the $50K requirement was met or you would have to apply separately for the card. 

I would say it appears the Merril+ is starting to look more tempting ... what do you think?  No FTF, no AF...their insurance and travel service benefits seem decent.  And, as with the FIA Fidelity AMEX, the Merril+ does not have the CMA requirement (optional if you do) to be elegible for the card.

https://card.ml.com/RWDapp/ml/merrillplus

The merrill card does look very nice. 

In the T&C it says that upon spending 50k annually, customers will be upgraded to the PLUS tier, which comes with more benefits. Do you have any details on what those benefits are specifically?

I did see that but I'm afraid I don't have those details nailed yet.  Just started researching about this one not long ago since it is on my radar for next year.  Since you'll likely consider getting this one soon, I would be very curious to see how you like it!   Maybe someone else who has the PLUS tier could chime in.

Sorry young, we've seemed to have veered off course and hijacked your thread...lol Robot Very Happy

If you're looking for details, you can find them here:

https://www.rewards.ml.com/cms/published/root/rps/pdf/AR1A103D-2013_OnlineMERRILLPLUS_TCs_no_RitzOff...

You can transfer Merrill+ points into BA Avios, DL Skypesos, and with PLUS you'll get Lounge Club with 10 free visits per year. This is their middle-tier membership. You can also request either full AA Admirals Club or DL SkyClub Membership once per year. There are other benefits as well, but they are relatively minor for most people.

@awesome CS.... reading as we speak...  LOL @ Skypesos... hey some folks value those pesos...I don't fly Delta...much.

It's not the easiest document to take-in, but all of the information should be there.

I'm sure there are some people who value DL miles, but I'm not one of them. I don't fly to any of their hub cities (nor am I anywhere near them), so there are some built-in limitations there.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 42 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

You will LOVE them for sure young.  I have 3 of their cards (eventually adding a 4th one next year) and their service has been awesome.  They will go out of their way to provide feasible solutions and to make the service experience a memorable one.   

Now if only they had better travel cards... =/

I totally get ya CreditScholar... they do tend to fall somewhat short when compared to the CSP or the United MP Club.  You have a unique BofA one (Privileges with TR) that not many folks have.  I reckon this is your back-up CC in case Chase experiences some network issues or the like?

can one still apply for the privileges with TR?

I believe you can, either in person or by calling the Platinum Privileges #.  I believe you have to be a Platinum Privileges member to be elegible.  Here's a link with some info that might be helpful:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/platinumprivileges/special-pricing/credit-card.go

+1. I believe you can still apply for it, but you need to have 50k in deposits with BofA. When I PCed to it, they checked before they allowed it to go through.

You're exactly right, it's my backup CC in case something goes wrong with Chase. It's not a bad card at all (2.2%), but it still falls short compared to the CSP and UA Club.

To be honest, it's been hard to get rid of BofA. I've been thinking about it for awhile, but I've been banking with them since I was 11 so it's difficult to let go. Everyone in our local branch knows me and my family, and we receive excellent service whenever one of us goes there. I wish I could say the same for the rest of BofA, but at least it's improving.

I'm honestly wondering if I'm better off moving to Chase CPC or Citigold, but the jury is still out on that one.

I can see this being a tough decision.  IMO, I would keep the BofA relationship... this keeps your portfolio diversified and you already have an established relationship with them unless you want to simplify things by moving everything to Chase CPC or Citigold.

After pondering for a while, I decided that I valued my BofA relationship (since the late 90's) and can still contact my banker in AZ if I need anything since I relocated to the Midwest, all the while still being able to conduct business with Chase as well.  Just wanted to keep my options open just in case one of them experienced any issues or whatnot, since a back-up to me was logical if not essential.

That's what I'd been thinking for awhile, but I've also been wondering if it's easier to have everything "under one banner". Since I go back and forth between two countries, I've had to maintain completely seperate banking relationships. BofA has no presence around here in this country, and vice-versa. A more international bank (like Citi or HSBC) might be easier to manage overall.

Oh this would be true, I see your point.  Now, HSBC on the global front, including their WM products is not too shabby from what I've read, Citi also has a robust presence worldwide, especially in the EMEA region, Far East and Autralia/NZ... JPM has expanded their presence in EMEA and Far East recently as well but I don't think they are as sizable as Citi or HSBC in Australia... I didn't know if BofA had much of an international shop established there.  So, I guess those would be some good points to consider.

Message 43 of 46
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Those "skypesos"
Got me a $674 flight to NYC for 25,000 skypesos...
Hardly "peso" worthy lol..
I think pesos are actually 10 per USD.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 44 of 46
CS800
Super Contributor

Although I have been with BOA for over 10 years for banking, I just got back into their 'credit' world 1.5 years ago and got their 123 priviliges. I have been very impressed with the service so far with customer service as well as the CLI's.

Even followed up with a call about my experience. I started with them with a $15K CL and with good use, I'm now at $35L and it was auto CLI with SP.

They are definitely in my top 3 credit cards.

Glad to see you had a good experience too Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 46
eddie84
Valued Contributor

BofA has always been fair to me.  I have a total of 3 cards with them (Travel Rewards, Better Balance & Privileges Cash Rewards with $14k between all three).

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.