Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, Barclays.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow, Barclays.

i couldn disagree more.In other words u are saying disriminatory practices are a good thing.Wow you could have been a exelent choice for barclay!

Message 31 of 50
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i couldn disagree more.In other words u are saying disriminatory practices are a good thing.Wow you could have been a exelent choice for barclay!

So if someone told you they had just filed for bankruptcy you would loan them one thousand dollars? It is not discriminatory; it is exercising caution. Barclays is one of the few lenders that will approve people that have very bad credit. All they ask in return is that you do not apply for multiple accounts, so you do not make the same choices again.

Also, keep in mind that most people do not apply for many cards. Before I got my mom into this game she had not applied for a card in around ten years. That is how most people are. They have a few cards and have no interest in getting more. So when lenders see people opening multiple accounts, they have reason to be apprehensive about extending credit.

Message 32 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about this?I show my tx returns you give me what i can pay.How about we do things like in 1900 back then was no credit rp Just show me what you got.But we both know that this banks are not int in our cr rep.They just wanna take adv of our lgnorance.Plus the main reason is POOR UNDERWRITING

Message 33 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont bother in my opinion. Go get some ice cream and smile about it.Even if they reconsider would you wanna have in your mind the thought that they might doit again for whatever reason?They are very unpredictable in their decisions and have very poor underwriting

Message 34 of 50
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How about this?I show my tx returns you give me what i can pay.How about we do things like in 1900 back then was no credit rp Just show me what you got.But we both know that this banks are not int in our cr rep.They just wanna take adv of our lgnorance.Plus the main reason is POOR UNDERWRITING

Tax returns, paystubs, and bank statements do not mean anything. People who make millions of dollars a year can still default on their loans/cards. Look at all the celebrities who get foreclosed on or lose their vehicles. What matters is how you have handled the credit that you already have. Of course someone with twenty years of on time payments can still default, but obviously someone would feel better lending to them, than to someone who has had multiple late payments in the past seven years. I was not born in 1900 so am unaware as to how things were done. If you want credit, you have to show that you can handle it.

No one likes getting an account closed, but to say they are a fraud is a bit silly.

Message 35 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not they were fine 350milion $ for regulating the energy prices in California ILLEGALLY.Look iam not gonna sit here and defend a criminal bank ok.I was just saying that their lending practices are a jock.I wouldnt be suprised if they checking if ur Edit in the background so they can open the account now and closed it later

Your post was edited because it involved one of the "5 things we don't talk about"

Thank you, Shogun   myFICO moderator

Message 36 of 50
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not they were fine 350milion $ for regulating the energy prices in California ILLEGALLY.Look iam not gonna sit here and defend a criminal bank ok.I was just saying that there lending practices are a jock.I wouldnt be suprised if they checking if ur Edited in the background so they can open the account now and closed it later

I know nothing about that so cannot comment on it. Edit . I have had the account for almost a year, so I must be hard to find information on. You seem to have vendettas against multiple companies and you should probably just let it go. You seem to have alright cards, and the cards that Barclays offers are nothing special.

Edited to remove reference to the above post.   Shogun, myFICO moderator.

Message 37 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really dont understand why u trying to advocate for Barclay on something that you dont know anything about it? So please do some research before you say something else more misinform .As far as freedom of speech is guaranteed under the constitutation of the United State.Thank you

Message 38 of 50
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as freedom of speech is guaranteed under the constitutation of the United State.Thank you

The First Amendment doesn't apply to these forums, no more than I can go to your website or blog to have it say whatever I want to say. If you can't follow the rules of this site you'll forever be banned. It's one thing to have a beef about a company or service, but it's another to cross-post and flame others for their own opinions on the same services.

Message 39 of 50
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I really dont understand why u trying to advocate for Barclay on something that you dont know anything about it? So please do some research before you say something else more misinform .As far as freedom of speech is guaranteed under the constitutation of the United State.Thank you

LMAO  Smiley Very Happy

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.