cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow!!!! Best Buy RZMC CLI!!! Christmas Gift From HSBC!!!!

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: QUICK LINKS View Recent Transactions View Complete State...

Yes but I mean as far as account classifications. 800 accounts are CLI eligible but doesn't mean they will obtain one, whereas the 501 accounts do not currently have the option. The URL potentially reveals whether you have a prime or sub-prime card account. Merely having the option to solicit a CLI doesn't signify you qualify, it just means your account type is eligible to request one. Not all account types are, which is why some people lack the option.

Message 31 of 40
Ron1
Super Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Yes but I mean as far as account classifications. 800 accounts are CLI eligible but doesn't mean they will obtain one, whereas the 501 accounts do not currently have the option. The URL potentially reveals whether you have a prime or sub-prime card account. Merely having the option to solicit a CLI doesn't signify you qualify, it just means your account type is eligible to request one. Not all account types are, which is why some people lack the option.

Yes, it might be true.  Not all the Platinum Card accounts are eligible for CLI.  The amount of CLI is based on the account type and credit history. I think the max. amount of the CLI is $1500.

Ron.

Message 32 of 40
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Has anyone with a Platinum RZMC posted they lack the option to request one?

Message 33 of 40
CS800
Super Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I noticed that my RZMC links end in RZ_500_800 vs RZ_500_501 that you posted. I wonder if that's the coding on the prime vs sub-prime RZMC.

Now that you mention it, I'm glad I posted the links. Now we have some insight in the prime vs subprime BBRZMC.

Message 34 of 40
notmyj
Regular Contributor

I hit the luv button a week ago and got the "can not be completed at this time, you will receive a letter in the mail, etc etc". Last night I logged in to my account just to make sure my balance was still $0 since I got my notifiction that my monthly statement was ready. Upon logging in I noticed my limit doubled again. It is a RZMC Gold. It started at $300 over a year ago, then doubled to $600 6 months ago and just doubled again to $1200. I wonder if the fact that CapOne is now reporting the higher limit of $2250 inclined HSBC to up the limit on this card. Either way it helps my utilization as I have $1000 dollar balnce on my CapOne card.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 35 of 40
lithium78
Established Contributor

@notmyj wrote:

I hit the luv button a week ago and got the "can not be completed at this time, you will receive a letter in the mail, etc etc". Last night I logged in to my account just to make sure my balance was still $0 since I got my notifiction that my monthly statement was ready. Upon logging in I noticed my limit doubled again. It is a RZMC Gold. It started at $300 over a year ago, then doubled to $600 6 months ago and just doubled again to $1200. I wonder if the fact that CapOne is now reporting the higher limit of $2250 inclined HSBC to up the limit on this card. Either way it helps my utilization as I have $1000 dollar balnce on my CapOne card.

How did you get a luv button on a Gold card?  I have a Gold card and I don't have a luv button online.  I called customer service about two months ago to request a CLI, but they told me point-blank that Gold accounts aren't eligible for CLI.  How did you manage to get one?

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 40
notmyj
Regular Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

@notmyj wrote:

How did you get a luv button on a Gold card?  I have a Gold card and I don't have a luv button online.  I called customer service about two months ago to request a CLI, but they told me point-blank that Gold accounts aren't eligible for CLI.  How did you manage to get one?

Your message made me blow the dust off of the cardand double check, but yup its a gold card. Its all blue has gold written on it in the lower corner. When I log into my account I move my mouse cursor over the "Customer Service" tab and menu drops down. The second selection on the drop down menu is "Request a Credit Limit Increase".

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 37 of 40
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Great, ya'll made me look! Smiley Very Happy (no, I don't talk like that, it just fit the moment lol). 

I checked my card, doesn't have "gold" on it anywhere, it's the one with the Best Buy logo in the upper right hand corner, the image is titled "Best Buy Credit Card and Reward Zone Credit Card",  it's an HSBC on the back, started at 900 a year ago, raised to 1000 by hitting the button a few months ago.

The button I see online doesn't hide, on the left side under the "Best Buy" logo there's a list, from top down is:  "account overview", "statement center", "Payment Center", "Account Maintenance", the 3rd selection down in that section  is "request credit limit increase" (the luv button thing). When I log in, "Account Maintenance" is the section that is expanded already to show the button.

Frankly, I don't even know what plan I'm on other than it started at 900, no AF, a small CLI so far and the 0% offers.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 38 of 40
lazylane
New Contributor

Re: Wow!!!! Best Buy RZMC CLI!!! Christmas Gift From HSBC!!!!

Has anyone had a CLI given on their account without requesting one? I don't really use my card (I guess I will when I decide to purchase any big ticket items) but it would be nice to see the CL go up without asking.

Message 39 of 40
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Wow!!!! Best Buy RZMC CLI!!! Christmas Gift From HSBC!!!!

@lazylane wrote:

Has anyone had a CLI given on their account without requesting one? I don't really use my card (I guess I will when I decide to purchase any big ticket items) but it would be nice to see the CL go up without asking.

I don't think they give CLI without requesting.  It is a good idea to call them before you make a big purchase. They might denied your purchase.

Ron.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.