Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow! Capital One Rate Jack!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow! Capital One Rate Jack!

I got the notices too ): On one of the cards, they're only changing the default rate, which I'm ok with because I don't plan to default, and they lowered my interest on my last statement to 9.5% (It was sky high before, but my credit was pretty bad when I got it, in 2004).  So, hopefully, that means they won't raise that one at least for now.

The other one, going from 12.9% to 20-something%. 

I'm going to try to see if they'll 1- waive the annual fee or 2-raise my cl.  I haven't gotten cl from them on either card EVER.  I think it's time, after four and five years.  Otherwise, I might just call that number and cancel it.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my Capital One rate increase notice in the mail today - 14.9% to 22.9%. I pay an annual fee of $39 a year. I've had the account since 7/03. It is one of my oldest creditors. I'm really upset like the others on here because I've not been late or done anything to warrant this increase. Is it in my best intrest to decline and close the account. They've also raised my husband's account from 14.9% to 17.9% with a $59 annual fee. Advice??
Message 12 of 14
txbradybunch
Valued Member

I have 3 cap one cards, and my hubby has 1.  Yesterday I got notices on 3 of the 4 cards.  Hubby's default rate is going up - but regular rate has no change (I think he is already at the "higway robbery" rate anyway.)  My two small $500 limit cards are getting big rate increases (comparable to what is mentioned here by others).  As with others - no lates and a long time card holder.  Just makes no sense why they up some but not others.  Can't wait to see what happens on the 4th card (yeah-right) 
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i requested a CLI and they didn't give to me. But i got to keep my 14.9% rate. 

Oh I i have less than stellar credit but i PIF right before the statment date. So if you were carrying a small balance i think they left you alone.

Message Edited by Saabu on 03-22-2009 12:07 AM
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.