cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow I guess unlimited Visa signature spending really means that.

tag
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Wow I guess unlimited Visa signature spending really means that.

So um yea. Im in the process of remodeling my house, all planned purchases. I just presumed the better half was making payments and thats why the card kept working. Um well yea about that. Chase is certainly a generous bank when you get them on your good side. Now maybe they will increase my limits since they obviously let me spend them. I wonder how well a 53k payment online will work. They also let me go over slightly on the southwest card too. Kinda funny. Just thought I would report my findings. I guess a YMMV tag is pretty obvious on this one. 

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 10.37.28 AM.png

original.png

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow I guess unlimited Visa signature spending really means that.

I just wet the bed.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't even read the post so forgive me but you might want to edit this photo asap and block the credit card numbers Smiley Happy Call me paranoid

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man....those are some big CC balances

Message 4 of 24
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Wow, indeed. Impressive to say the least.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 5 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

OP 

Before you edited wasn't the other balances 

SW 25k+

Freedom 7k

wow and you let all that report in addition to any others 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 24
onstar
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

OP 

SW 25k+

Freedom 7k

Because OP uses the credit cards correctly. Paying as late as possible without incurring a late payment fee, i.e. paying by due date.

Unless you're going to be applying for new credit anytime soon, utilization is meaningless.

Kudos OP!

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 7 of 24
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

OP 

SW 25k+

Freedom 7k

I was trying to get them in the order. But yes. This is a complete gut job of my house, the total remodeling estimite came in at almost 200k. I had put any and all materials I could on credit just to have usage, and then I am using the line of credit to pay the cards off once the renovation is done and pay down the line of credit over time. But nothing wrong with a 30 day intrest free loan. As I say I had no idea I had gone that far over limit. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 8 of 24
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@onstar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

OP 

SW 25k+

Freedom 7k

Because OP uses the credit cards correctly. Paying as late as possible without incurring a late payment fee, i.e. paying by due date.

Unless you're going to be applying for new credit anytime soon, utilization is meaningless.

Kudos OP!

and this is correct. I purposly had the balances report to show a "high balance" and then when they show paid off in the later months it will show the paid off balance compared to the higher balance. Another added benefit is the Edward Jones Line is a hitten trade line. I really have no reason to apply for anything in the future. I may ask for some limit increases if they arent HP. Im shooting for a 2 year no app so I really havent payed attention to my reports lately. Also so far so good as far as any AA on the accounts. I have only been using chase, I have not used any of the others. 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Unbelievable!  Smiley Surprised  Never made a payment of 50k online at one time.  Take a pic of it!  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.