Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow... Instant Approval? Target!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow... Instant Approval? Target!!!

Happy day. Happy Happy Day!!!!

I was soooooo scared. I didn't think I could take another blow to my credit psyche. So, I went to that website that shows who gave credit to whom and under what circumstances, and I thought... I'm going for it. I didn't see anybody with stats similar to mine turned down.

Instant approval for $500. Like... instant. Less than 10 seconds. I could even start shopping immediately. Not that I was going to, but still. I've been bugged and bugged and bugged every to apply for the Target Card while shopping at Target. There was no way I was going to face what I thought would be certain Point of Sale Humiliation by doing it in the line. No WAY!

Who needs a useless Spiegel card? Not me. Target, here I come (whereas I will PIF, of course!) Smiley Very Happy

I wonder what this will do to my just jumped up by 20 points FICO score?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow... Instant Approval? Target!!!

Depending on how many TL's you current have, this may also boost your score. Congrats. Great starting limit with them. I have just recently saw a few people start at the $500 mark with Target, a few years prior and that was unheard of. Perhaps, Target is getting a clue and starting to give decent CLs.
Let's hope so!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow... Instant Approval? Target!!!

I have a BoA Visa, a Cap1 MC, and a Spiegel's Rewards Card (now closed, but still reporting as open, never late, zero balance). That's it. Now Target. Spiegel's had been my only store card, but they froze my credit line when I didn't use it for about 8 months. When I called to get it unfrozen, they told me they'd have to do hard Inq's to all 3 credit bureaus! I told them no thanks, and the CSR thought that I wanted it closed, and then couldn't open it back up without the inquiries. They were really sorry, but still... I wasn't too upset, because I can rarely use anything from there, and only used it for the occasional gift just to keep the card active. They told me that it would show as "open" for another 60-90 days.

So, I'm not sure if I'll get a boost or not. I guess I could take a negative hit, huh? At least I've got a useful store card again! Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.