Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow: Macy's Just Opened A New Account

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Wow: Macy's Just Opened A New Account

I had a charged off Macy's account from 1999. This was before my Uncle Money days Smiley Wink

Anyway, thanks to the advice from my favorite financial forum, I read that Macy's will actually open an account if you pay the charged off balance.

This is, in fact, completely true as I just called the backdoor # and they happily opened a new account for me. I did a phone pay for $462.00 and my new card will arrive in the mail on or around November 6th with a credit line of $462.00, which is eligible for future increases. Not too shabby. Considering the economy these days, I'll take it!

I would have never, ever, ever discovered this without this forum AND I would have never known what # to call without the backdoor #. Thank you, guys!

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tralyn05
Valued Member

Re: Wow: Macy's Just Opened A New Account

hmmm I had a Macy's card  that was charged off over 12 years ago (college)  and it's now showing open with no lates....... it's been showing that way for 5 years now...should I try to call and have it reinstated or leave it alone?
Message 2 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Uncle_Money wrote:

I had a charged off Macy's account from 1999. This was before my Uncle Money days Smiley Wink

Anyway, thanks to the advice from my favorite financial forum, I read that Macy's will actually open an account if you pay the charged off balance.

This is, in fact, completely true as I just called the backdoor # and they happily opened a new account for me. I did a phone pay for $462.00 and my new card will arrive in the mail on or around November 6th with a credit line of $462.00, which is eligible for future increases. Not too shabby. Considering the economy these days, I'll take it!

I would have never, ever, ever discovered this without this forum AND I would have never known what # to call without the backdoor #. Thank you, guys!

UM

I rehab'ed a Macy's card in this manner. Started out with a few hundred dollars CL. Fast forward to this year: $3.7K CL on store account, invited to accept a Macy's Visa, did so, new account CL = $4K. There was no hard INQ for the Visa issuance. The card is definitely eligible for future increases!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@tralyn05 wrote:
hmmm I had a Macy's card  that was charged off over 12 years ago (college)  and it's now showing open with no lates....... it's been showing that way for 5 years now...should I try to call and have it reinstated or leave it alone?

If it is reporting open why not call and inquire about getting new plastic? The worst thing they can tell you is that you owe them some money!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they give u a new account r did they reopen your old account?
Message 5 of 7
wfreeman3
New Contributor

I had an account in good standing with them that I opened 30 years ago.  It no longer appears on my reports as I just stopped using it.  I wonder if they will re-instate that bad boy...  I sure could use that aging.

Starting Score: 766
Current Score: 766
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They don't reopen old accounts. If you get rehab'ed they will open a new account and you will start over. My "new" account is 9+ years old. The original account would be between 30 and 35. At one time due to store M&A I also had more than one Macy's store account. Those were the days!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.