cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow You Guys Know Everything (re Barclays CLI)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow You Guys Know Everything (re Barclays CLI)

I've had my uPromise card for 10 months, no auto love. Credit limit was $5,000, APR 20.99. Balance is 0. Have run a few thousand through card and always PIF.

Called today and asked for APR reduction. Exactly as described here, I was transferred then offered a 4% reduction, which I took.

Then I said I wanted to do a balance transfer but needed more available credit and requested a CLI without a hard pull. She gave me $2,000 bringing me to $7,000 available credit. SP only.

Yay! It's amazing but true. Ask and ye shall receive. Before this forum I had no idea credit card companies did this. Thank you!!!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wow You Guys Know Everything (re Barclays CLI)

Congrats.   Learn new things on this forum every week myself.

Message 2 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats. I got a bone earlier. 1% apr reduction. no sp cli. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 13
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  I will be calling them at the end of the year on both of my cards.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 5 of 13
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

I'm a bit confused. I have an arrival+ that I want a CLI on. I checked the website and it tells me they require a HP. Is what that is being advocated here is that people call up and claim that they want to do a BT and getting the SP CLI that way? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 13
msbia
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I'm a bit confused. I have an arrival+ that I want a CLI on. I checked the website and it tells me they require a HP. Is what that is being advocated here is that people call up and claim that they want to do a BT and getting the SP CLI that way? 

Just call and ask for an analyst. Once you get one ask if there are any SP CLI available for your account. They should be able to check it for you. I was able to obtain one from $2k to $7k with my USAir card when it was 6 months old. I called back a day or two later and asked for $10k instead and it was an instant yes as well. I PC'd that card, then AAdvantage Red to the no fee Arrival last month and they gave me the sign up bonus on the card. I love the Barclays analysts. I will be going for APR reduction at one year in November. Good luck Red! 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 8 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@msbia wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Just call and ask for an analyst. Once you get one ask if there are any SP CLI available for your account. They should be able to check it for you. I was able to obtain one from $2k to $7k with my USAir card when it was 6 months old. I called back a day or two later and asked for $10k instead and it was an instant yes as well. I PC'd that card, then AAdvantage Red to the no fee Arrival last month and they gave me the sign up bonus on the card. I love the Barclays analysts. I will be going for APR reduction at one year in November. Good luck Red! 

So I call the number on the back of the card and specifically ask to speak to ask a credit analyst? Then I just ask if there are any offers on my account for SP CLI? Just want to make sure I have wording right.   

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called 800-307-0341 and said I had the card for almost a year and wanted to see if i was eligible for an APR reduction. That got me transferred to the second level analyst who was able to help me. Asking outright for a credit analyst might work too, not sure.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.