Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow didn't expect auto CLI from Cap One

tag
beachbum33
New Contributor

Wow didn't expect auto CLI from Cap One

Just checking my accounts and was really surprised to find $500 CLI on my cash rewards card! One Year Anniversary started at $500 moved to $750 after CS and now $1250. Really just helps my utilization though as its only used for gas and cell phone then paid in full each statement.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wow didn't expect auto CLI from Cap One

Thats great news to hear CapOne is actually giving out some love lately.

Congrats!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

Thats great news to hear CapOne is actually giving out some love lately.

Congrats!

It would be great to feel some love as well! I will have had my card for a year in Nov...got a $250 increase to $750 at the six month point and have charged/PIF every month since then...we'll see!

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 17
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

I am hoping to see some love on my newly aquired Cash Rewards card.

They stuck me with a $3,000 limit, so I am hoping that will soon be rising Smiley Happy

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 17
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

The un-love button is still not working for me, alas!

Same old:

"Offers are not currently available for this account. Please check back at a later time as we update offers periodically. Some reasons that offers are not available at this time could be that your account status may have changed or you may have accepted another offer from Capital One to change this account. Thank you for being a valued Capital One cardholder!"

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 5 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

The un-love button is still not working for me, alas!

Same old:

"Offers are not currently available for this account. Please check back at a later time as we update offers periodically. Some reasons that offers are not available at this time could be that your account status may have changed or you may have accepted another offer from Capital One to change this account. Thank you for being a valued Capital One cardholder!"

I take it as your account is not eligible for any more increase. i have had my Cap one for 3 years in perfect payment history stuck at $1100. Always told the same message. My account is currently not eligible for a CLI. Come on 3.9 years of perfect payment history???

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One seems to be showing a lot of people love lately. The only "love" they have shown me lately is an email about picking my own card image. Smiley Very Happy

But that is all I can expect as I have only had the card for 3 months.

I have a question about the credit steps. When I first got my card they sent me a letter saying I just have to buy something and make the first 5 months of payments on time and they will automatically raise my limit from 500 to 750. So I know 2 months from now my limit is going up.

For those of you who have gone higher than 750 did they send you anything? Like make the next 6 months on time and we will raise you to 1250? Or did the CLI just happen without warning?

Message 7 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats..

Message 8 of 17
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Like you, I started at 500 and went to 750. I just hit my one year anniversary, and I'm still sitting at 750. Still, I'm happy to hear that others are getting some luv. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 17
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

If my memory serves me correctly , I just happened to be checkin online and noticed the CLI to 750 also via the "credit steps program"...

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.