Did you mean: 

Wow didn't expect auto CLI from Cap One

tag
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Re: Wow didn't expect auto CLI from Cap One

@CS800 wrote:

@SevenNEW wrote:

The un-love button is still not working for me, alas!

Same old:

"Offers are not currently available for this account. Please check back at a later time as we update offers periodically. Some reasons that offers are not available at this time could be that your account status may have changed or you may have accepted another offer from Capital One to change this account. Thank you for being a valued Capital One cardholder!"

I take it as your account is not eligible for any more increase. i have had my Cap one for 3 years in perfect payment history stuck at $1100. Always told the same message. My account is currently not eligible for a CLI. Come on 3.9 years of perfect payment history???

That is definitely the case. But I am not really complaining, since these days I am using my new two CCs -- Amex BCE and Chase Freedom. I plan on letting these accounts age one year, after which I will close my old Cap 1 Platinum and apply for their Prime Cash Rewards.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 11 of 17
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One seems to be showing a lot of people love lately. The only "love" they have shown me lately is an email about picking my own card image. Smiley Very Happy

But that is all I can expect as I have only had the card for 3 months.

I have a question about the credit steps. When I first got my card they sent me a letter saying I just have to buy something and make the first 5 months of payments on time and they will automatically raise my limit from 500 to 750. So I know 2 months from now my limit is going up.

For those of you who have gone higher than 750 did they send you anything? Like make the next 6 months on time and we will raise you to 1250? Or did the CLI just happen without warning?

Without warning.  I got bumped from $750 to $1500 maybe around the nine month mark.  I asked for an increase after about a year at $1500 and was denied.  Two weeks later (or thereabout) I got a letter that they had increased my limit to $2500.  So mine went from initial CL of $500 to $2500 in a little under 2 years if I remember correctly. 

I had no other credit cards for most of that time period.  Trying to read the tea leaves is next to impossible, but perhaps the fact that I was not adding any additional unsecured credit explained some of the reason for receiving modest increases from them.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
boomhower
Valued Contributor

CapOne has been pretty good to me over the years.  Started with around $500 and up to $1800 now, it's  up to $1800.  I was late on it once around five years ago and that is my only late on any card that I can remember and it's the only one on my CR.  They get a lot of hate but they've treated me well.   They're also my lower APR but that certainly isn't saying much.

Message 13 of 17
notmyj
Regular Contributor

I started in Aug of 2010 with a $500 limit. Around June of 2011 I got a bump to $750. Then I carried a large balance of $700. I just paid it off in full 5 days ago just before the statement cut for the month. Then the day after the statement cut (one day ago), I was checking my accts online (I am really enjoying the $0 balances on all my cards and look at them just before bed every night), I noticed my cap one went from $750 to $2250 limit. I'm kinda stoked as they didnt give me a notice nor did i ask for it. I am planning on buying a house in the near future (3 months)and am hoping the cli will help my scores come up. They jumped 22pts and still have 4 accts that have not reported the $0 balance and a personal loan that has not yet reported as paid/closed. This will leave nothing but 21k in one student loan showing on my report prior to my mortgage app. My current EQ score is 641. I hope this works....

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 14 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

I did every possible thing on my card nad it has always been paid on time. Still no CLI for me after 3 years Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 17
johnnie198x
Contributor

Same here, nearly 3 years, no change.

@CS800 wrote:

I did every possible thing on my card nad it has always been paid on time. Still no CLI for me after 3 years Smiley Sad

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do the same thing with my card.  Have only had it for 4 months so I hope they do the same for me.  Congratulations regarless.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.