cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow...does it really take Chase 30 days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...does it really take Chase 30 days?

I app'ed on 8/30 and was given the "processing" message because I had a FA on my EQ.  I called and the rep informed me that the app was denied.  I asked to speak to an underwriter and was transferred to a wonderful woman who asked me a series of questions and immediately reversed the decision and approved me for a $2500 Freedom Signature Visa.  She said it would be 7 - 10 days before I receive the welcome package....I keep calling the status line--because I'm impatient and I want to be SURE that she said APPROVED...the status lines gives me a message that says, thanks for applying...we rec'd your app 8/30, you should receive our decision within 20 days...did anyone else get this message?  I called again and the rep said it could take up to 30 days to process and he couldn't determine if the app was approved or not because it says "processing"....has this happen to anyone else?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow...does it really take Chase 30 days?

If she said you are approved then your approved! Yes.. The online status does take time to update..
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.  I think I'm paranoid because she said I would receive the package/card in 7 - 10 days...and it was on 8/30.  Oh well...I'll just wait.

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Chase was the slowest and wackiest CCC that I ever applied with. I was in limbo for two weeks. Finally I got someone who looked and said, Oh, you were approved two days after you app'd. Smiley Tongue

Hang in there, they're crazy when you first start, but after that, they're keepers.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were pretty quick for me, so you never know. Though just wanted to make sure that you actually wanted the signature card. They can switch it for you if you don't.
Message 5 of 7
jbh
Established Contributor

My GF just applied for Chase Disney and got the 30 day, so I assume now that it's standard and not a straight rejection. She's a chase banker for 4+ years but I assume that won't mean anything. 675 with 0 inq's and one poast sol collection.

Hopefully she gets approved as it's the only card she wants.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally believe that in most cases that is a rejection. It seems like Chase loves to decline and then approve on recon. Has she called them? I think she should call - she'll likely get approved if she calls, but probably get denial letter in mail if she doesn't.

jbh wrote:
My GF just applied for Chase Disney and got the 30 day, so I assume now that it's standard and not a straight rejection. She's a chase banker for 4+ years but I assume that won't mean anything. 675 with 0 inq's and one poast sol collection.

Hopefully she gets approved as it's the only card she wants.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.