Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow just Wow.. !UPDATE!

tag
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wow just Wow..

No, I never asked them if they did an actual HP but assuming they did as I'm getting a letter notifying me why the denied.

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and the only thing that may have affected this is my name. It's hyphenated and Transunion can't seem to get it right. 

Experian also has it wrong but it's not as bad as Transunion.

It's never been an issue, but who knows with Capitol One.

Oh,  and the reason I can't stand Crapitol has nothing to do with their cards, and everything to do with their CS. They're beyond terrible and that's a deal breaker for me. 

Either way, will update this thread as soon as I get the letter. 

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 30
red259
Super Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

No, I never asked them if they did an actual HP but assuming they did as I'm getting a letter notifying me why the denied.

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and the only thing that may have affected this is my name. It's hyphenated and Transunion can't seem to get it right. 

Experian also has it wrong but it's not as bad as Transunion.

It's never been an issue, but who knows with Capitol One.

Oh,  and the reason I can't stand Crapitol has nothing to do with their cards, and everything to do with their CS. They're beyond terrible and that's a deal breaker for me. 

Either way, will update this thread as soon as I get the letter. 

Sorry you are having a hassle with them. To be honest when I applied for Amex I found the CS to be lousy. I got some woman in india who I could barely understand and who had an attitude and treated me like I was a moron for even thinking I could apply for an Amex charge card. Lots of people rave about the Amex CS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and its difficult to form an opinion about a company based on one or two phone calls. I do find CSR at C1 to be polite but not very well informed in my experiences with them.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 30
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:

I received the letter from Neiman. Turns out it was NOT Capitol One who denied me. It was Neiman Marcus for "Further Verification".

So I called, answered a bunch of sercurity questions and was approved. The CL is $3,500. This is now my lowest Credit Line. But that's ok, I can use the perks that come with the card. 

They checked EQ and I think my hyphenated married name flagged it for them. 

Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14

Message 23 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

UPDATE:

I received the letter from Neiman. Turns out it was NOT Capitol One who denied me. It was Neiman Marcus for "Further Verification".

So I called, answered a bunch of sercurity questions and was approved. The CL is $3,500. This is now my lowest Credit Line. But that's ok, I can use the perks that come with the card. 

Keep in mind not sure they still do it now that it's Capital One but the credit line never use to be a HARD limit... you could charge 30% over AT LEAST with no issues.

Message 24 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Glad that got straightened out! I have a hyphenated last name too and sometimes that can be a pain.

Congrats!
Message 25 of 30
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

UPDATE:

Keep in mind not sure they still do it now that it's Capital One but the credit line never use to be a HARD limit... you could charge 30% over AT LEAST with no issues.

Good to know. Hoping they still allow it. 

Message 26 of 30
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Glad that got straightened out! I have a hyphenated last name too and sometimes that can be a pain.

Congrats!

Thanks.

And yes, it is a pain. My hubby still lectures me about it. Keeps saying I should have either kept my name, or just taken his. Not both..lol..

Message 27 of 30
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow just Wow.. !UPDATE!

So I hope this means that we can all agree that Capital One shouldn't be blamed for everything...

Message 28 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

So I hope this means that we can all agree that Capital One shouldn't be blamed for everything...

+1

But it should  not have been a denied but a cancelled application, small but important nuance Smiley Happy

OP - glad it worked out for you - happy shopping!

Message 29 of 30
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

While the denial may not have been from them, this doesn't change the fact that Cap One has terrible CS.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.