Frequent Contributor
Dadaluma83

Wow, my credit reports are even better than I thought

So for the first time I ordered and printed out my free credit reports from all 3 agencies from the free annual report website and they have all my accurate and correct information but I am shocked a credit card is reporting on there that I never had. All 3 reports show a BoA card opened in 2004. That is when I opened my checking account and I guess they opened a credit card account for me as well. I never receieved the credit card so naturally the account was closed by creditor in 2008 and since I never had or used the card it was closed in good standing with a 0 balance.

That is good news because now my credit history is 7 years old and my AAoA is 3 years and 6 months.

Is there any downside to having a credit card account open for 4 years that never got used? Is it a bad thing if an account says closed by creditor?

Unfortunately the free reports don't have credit scores associated with them and I am thinking of buying the myFICO standard for EQ and TU here. I know my EX score was a 701 back in July on a lender pull. I see for each score I pay 19.95. Just want to ask a newbie question that is just a one time fee right? I won't get suckered in to some monthly recurring thing? Because all I care about right now since my reports are accurate is just getting the score. I don't care about any monthly monitoring right now.

My two student loans and cap 1 card are reporting on all 3. All in good standing. Best of all on all my reports I have zero baddies. No charge offs, no collections, no public records. Nothing but paid as agreed. Zero lates. Right now I am at 11% util on my one revolving account. There is a credit limit on my installment accounts strangely enough and the overall util is at 61%. The oldest Inquiry on all 3 is back in July of this year.

I only have one hard inq on TU, Cap 1 when I was approved for their card back in July. I have 3 inq's on EX, Cap 1 when I got approved, an Inq by Dell financing when I tried to get an installment loan for my computer, and one other from Citibank when they denied me for a card this spring. I have 2 inq's on EQ, Cap 1 and paypal Bill me later.

I hardly have any hard inquiries at all, a good AAoA, perfect payment history. I know the bad parts are my util particularly because I just started paying off my student loans so the current balance is still close to the original balance, and I have had an inquiry and new account opened within the last 6 months, this July.

I see quite a few soft inquiries though. For the last 3 months Discover has literally been soft pulling me every week. No wonder I keep getting those pre approval mailings for the Discover More.

I am definitely feeling good. I am really tempted to go on an app spree right now. I wonder if I would be good enough for some prime cards like Cap 1 Venture, Citi AAdvantage, Southwest Rapid rewards, but I do know I definitely want the Discover More. Does anyone know how sensitive Discover is to new accounts? Would having a recently opened CC account in July turn them off? I guess it would be a plus if Discover pulls TU since I only have one inq there.

Definitely happy. :smileyvery-happy:

FICO Scores: TU: 768 (Jan 2012), EQ: 755 (Jan 2012 Lender pull)
Established Contributor
Guava

Re: Wow, my credit reports are even better than I thought

Dadaluma83 wrote:

Is there any downside to having a credit card account open for 4 years that never got used? Is it a bad thing if an account says closed by creditor?

I don't think so. It was closed in good standing and you have no derogative so your credit is clean. In about 2-3 years, that BoA account will drop off and your AAoA will probably take a good hit.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Jbrown7815

The reports you buy here at myfico are a one time fee PER report, but no worries of reccuring charge. These are also your true FICO reports, not FAKO like most other sites.

Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Regular Contributor
AlmostHome78

Dadaluma83 wrote:

I am definitely feeling good. I am really tempted to go on an app spree right now. I wonder if I would be good enough for some prime cards like Cap 1 Venture, Citi AAdvantage, Southwest Rapid rewards, but I do know I definitely want the Discover More. Does anyone know how sensitive Discover is to new accounts? Would having a recently opened CC account in July turn them off? I guess it would be a plus if Discover pulls TU since I only have one inq there.

I was approved for Discover More in late October/early November after having apped for three cards previously that month (approved for all).  Discover pulled TU for me.

Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 678 (8/10/11) -- TU 678 (8/10/11) -- EX Fako 639 (9/7/11)
Current Score: EQ 685 -- TU 686 -- EX 702 (lender pull)
Goal Score: At least 720 across the board by June 2012

Established Contributor
fusioncredit

Have you taken advantage of the 10 day trial of EQ Fico Score Watch here?

Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)

Valued Contributor
dalebb

i buy the suszie oberman package, its 50 bucks for 3 pulls, 10 bucks off, but u can pull when u want and look for a year not just 30 day

Frequent Contributor
Dadaluma83

Just purchased the myFICO standard for TU and EQ here and you have gotta be kidding me. My TU is 768 and my EQ is 749 seriously?!?! :smileyhappy:

My EX was a 701 back in July so I expect that score to be similar to the others by now.

Wow. I should definitely be able to at least get the Discover More now. I don't want to go too app crazy right now particularly since I want the Cap 1 Venture as well and I don't know what Cap 1 would do if I applied for another one of their cards only 5 months later after getting my first one.

In any case thank you Bank of America for giving me a credit card account back when I had no idea or even cared about credit scores to help my Account age. :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
dalebb

Dadaluma83 wrote:

Just purchased the myFICO standard for TU and EQ here and you have gotta be kidding me. My TU is 768 and my EQ is 749 seriously?!?! :smileyhappy:

My EX was a 701 back in July so I expect that score to be similar to the others by now.

Wow. I should definitely be able to at least get the Discover More now. I don't want to go too app crazy right now particularly since I want the Cap 1 Venture as well and I don't know what Cap 1 would do if I applied for another one of their cards only 5 months later after getting my first one.

In any case thank you Bank of America for giving me a credit card account back when I had no idea or even cared about credit scores to help my Account age. :smileyhappy:

why r u so crazy about discover more card?

Frequent Contributor
Dadaluma83

Well I only plan on using the Discover More card for the bonus categories.

The way I have planned out my credit is I only want 2 cards at a time. One primary card which will be a travel card like cap 1 Venture, Citi AA, AMEX Delta, etc and as my travel habits change I may keep that card for only a couple of years and go through different cards. If I am going to be opening and cancelling a card every few years that is why I want the Discover More as a card to keep so my AAoA doesnt take too big of a hit.

Valued Contributor
discernment

Dadaluma83 wrote:

My two student loans and cap 1 card are reporting on all 3. All in good standing. Best of all on all my reports I have zero baddies. No charge offs, no collections, no public records. Nothing but paid as agreed. Zero lates.

Isn't it wonderful to pull your reports and see everything in good standing--:smileyhappy:  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Husband's Current Score: EX 691 CUSC; EQ 694; TU 687; Mine: EX 773 (AMEX); EQ 720; TU 750
Wallet Contents: SECURED: Capital One Platinum Mastercard, US Bank Harley Davidson Visa, USAA Bank American Express;
UNSECURED: Chase Freedom; USAA Cash Rewards World Mastercard, Discover More, CUSC Platinum Rewards Visa, American Express Zinc, American Express Blue Cash Preferred, Amazon Card, Walmart Discover Card

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}