Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow weird chase Auto CLI story, kinda cool though

tag
vn25
Valued Member

Wow weird chase Auto CLI story, kinda cool though

So the background is I have a CSP and Freedom card ... CSP limit was 7000 and freedom is 1600. Ironically the freedom is my first and oldest card, but ended up with my lowest limit.

Anyway, I've been talking with chase for the last week or so to raise the limit on my freedom card because I've been bumping up against it recently, but I wouldn't give up the hard pull, so I kept getting rejected for a soft pull CLI, even by their executive office.

This is where it gets fun.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. I'm on the chase site and notice that they have a twitter support team. I fire them off a message (completely vague, no personal info, just along the lines of 'hey I want to talk to someone about a soft CLI, I've been a longtime customer').

5 minutes later my email goes off with a credit alert -- my CSP got an auto CLI from chase to 8500....WAY COOL! It's not the card I wanted/needed the CLI bump on, but I'LL TAKE IT! Thanks Chase!!! (still going to fight for that freedom CLI though Smiley Happy)

I know the two events happening are completely unrelated but the coincidence of the timing was really cool! What confuses me even more is that right now my CSP has a negative balance, so I don't know what criteria they go by when doing these auto CLIs.

tl;dr CSP auto-CLI'd by 1500

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Wow weird chase Auto CLI story, kinda cool though

@vn25 wrote:

So the background is I have a CSP and Freedom card ... CSP limit was 7000 and freedom is 1600. Ironically the freedom is my first and oldest card, but ended up with my lowest limit.

Anyway, I've been talking with chase for the last week or so to raise the limit on my freedom card becaue I've been bumping up against it recently, but I wouldn't give up the hard pull, so I kept getting rejected for a soft pull CLI, even by their executive office.

This is where it gets fun.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. I'm on the chase site and notce that they have a twitter support team. I fire them off a message (completely vague, no personal info, just along the lines of 'hey I want to talk to someone about a soft CLI, I've been a longtime customer').

5 minutes later my email goes off with a credit alert -- my CSP got an auto CLI from chase to 8500....WAY COOL! It's not the card I wanted/needed the CLI bump on, but I'LL TAKE IT! Thank's Chase!!! (still going to fight for that freedom CLI though Smiley Happy)

I know the two events happening are completely unrelated but the coincidence of the timing was really cool! What confuses me even more is that right now my CSP has a negative balance, so I don't know what criteria they go by when doing these auto CLIs.

tl;dr CSP auto-CLI'd by 1500

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

congrats!

Message 3 of 8
Express
Frequent Contributor

Nice!Smiley Surprised

CL $408,200
Message 4 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Maybe you can shift part of the CL from the CSP to Freedom?

Message 5 of 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

+1 that is exactly what I was about to say

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
vn25
Valued Member

Thanks for all the warm congrats guys...

I was thinking about moving the CL over to the freedom but I'm thinking maybe I'll pay it off and let it sit with a negative balance for a month or two...perhaps this triggers some kind of chase internal alert.

As luck would have it, my brand new amex BCP came in today, so I can use that as my primary card...Gotta spend the $$$ to get that bonus on it anyway! ^_^

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.