Valued Member
vn25

Wow weird chase Auto CLI story, kinda cool though

[ Edited ]

So the background is I have a CSP and Freedom card ... CSP limit was 7000 and freedom is 1600. Ironically the freedom is my first and oldest card, but ended up with my lowest limit.

Anyway, I've been talking with chase for the last week or so to raise the limit on my freedom card because I've been bumping up against it recently, but I wouldn't give up the hard pull, so I kept getting rejected for a soft pull CLI, even by their executive office.

This is where it gets fun.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. I'm on the chase site and notice that they have a twitter support team. I fire them off a message (completely vague, no personal info, just along the lines of 'hey I want to talk to someone about a soft CLI, I've been a longtime customer').

5 minutes later my email goes off with a credit alert -- my CSP got an auto CLI from chase to 8500....WAY COOL! It's not the card I wanted/needed the CLI bump on, but I'LL TAKE IT! Thanks Chase!!! (still going to fight for that freedom CLI though :smileyhappy:)

I know the two events happening are completely unrelated but the coincidence of the timing was really cool! What confuses me even more is that right now my CSP has a negative balance, so I don't know what criteria they go by when doing these auto CLIs.

tl;dr CSP auto-CLI'd by 1500

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Wow weird chase Auto CLI story, kinda cool though

vn25 wrote:

So the background is I have a CSP and Freedom card ... CSP limit was 7000 and freedom is 1600. Ironically the freedom is my first and oldest card, but ended up with my lowest limit.

Anyway, I've been talking with chase for the last week or so to raise the limit on my freedom card becaue I've been bumping up against it recently, but I wouldn't give up the hard pull, so I kept getting rejected for a soft pull CLI, even by their executive office.

This is where it gets fun.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. I'm on the chase site and notce that they have a twitter support team. I fire them off a message (completely vague, no personal info, just along the lines of 'hey I want to talk to someone about a soft CLI, I've been a longtime customer').

5 minutes later my email goes off with a credit alert -- my CSP got an auto CLI from chase to 8500....WAY COOL! It's not the card I wanted/needed the CLI bump on, but I'LL TAKE IT! Thank's Chase!!! (still going to fight for that freedom CLI though :smileyhappy:)

I know the two events happening are completely unrelated but the coincidence of the timing was really cool! What confuses me even more is that right now my CSP has a negative balance, so I don't know what criteria they go by when doing these auto CLIs.

tl;dr CSP auto-CLI'd by 1500

Congrats 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

congrats!

Frequent Contributor
Express

Nice!:smileysurprised:

Money Never Sleeps! ~CL $247,600 .FIC, Amex $10,000
03/05/14: EX 777 EQ 768 TU 765: Beaver Card $20.000: Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard $20,000 Lowe's Business Amex $3,000
Amex Blue Sky $24,500: Amex Premier Rewards Gold :NPSL: Amex Costco $7000:Chase Freedom $5,000: Home Depot $8,700 Discover IT $7.000 :Citi Thank you Card $16,500: Citi Simplicity $11,500: Chase Sapphire $31,200 :smileyfrustrated:am's Club M/C $19,000 :Cap1 World MC $8500 :Vibe,Credit Union $16,000 :Walmart M/C $14,000
Macy's AMEX $10,000 Macy's Store Card $1700. Alliant C/U 15000
Valued Contributor
lg8302ch

Congrats! Maybe you can shift part of the CL from the CSP to Freedom?

FICO® EQ 800 (as of today) - TU 778 (10/28) * Fako EX 803 (11/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Silver Spade Garden Club member *

Established Contributor
TimeToRecover

+1 that is exactly what I was about to say

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (694) 10/2/2014, EQ (686) 10/2/2014, TU (684) 10/2/2014 (ALL MORTGAGE PULLS)
Goal Score: 750
NEW HOUSE - Building 99.9% complete
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (5K) Cap One Quicksilver (4.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) VS Angel Card (1300)
Super Contributor
enharu

grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Member
vn25

Thanks for all the warm congrats guys...

I was thinking about moving the CL over to the freedom but I'm thinking maybe I'll pay it off and let it sit with a negative balance for a month or two...perhaps this triggers some kind of chase internal alert.

As luck would have it, my brand new amex BCP came in today, so I can use that as my primary card...Gotta spend the $$$ to get that bonus on it anyway! ^_^

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}