tag
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: YAY! Got my Discover Card!

@Anonymous wrote:

@kjm79 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kjm79 wrote:

I was approved back on March 8 (a Tuesday) and it was in my mailbox on Saturday. Loved the purple packaging. That little extra touch was nice. I've turned this card into my daily card. I run everything I can through it and have only had one instance of not being able to pay for something with it. My electric bill. They only take Visa and Mastercard. Other than that, everytime I've gone to use it, no issues. My SL was $1,800 and as of today, I've ran $3,600 through it. lol.  

My ONLY gripe about Discover: the charges can take a little while to post to your account. So that can make it a little more difficult if you want to charge something and pay it off immediately. The app and through the website will not let you pay more than whatever your current balance is. So if your current balance is $100 and you have $200 in pending transactions, you can only pay $100. My work around for that was to push a payment from my bank bill pay to Discover. This would result in a credit balance until the pending charges cleared. But, note that when you pay through your bank, your available credit will take a couple days to update to reflect the recent payment even though your balance is reduced by the payment. 

How did you get Discover so soon after Bk7 discharge?

I have no idea. I've learned to not question certain things. lol

ETA: I didn't burn Discover in my BK. I have excellent history prior to my BK, and many positive accounts (albeit closed) still reporting post BK. Two of my card survived the BK as well.

So do I, albeit they hate my guts...

From all the Discover posts on this forum, it's safe to say they are an odd duck. In my rebuilding phase I play around with a lot of different prequalifiers and try the SCT (I don't actually app though) to help me guage my rebuild and a creditor's willingness to let me in, it's certainly not all score based. I did the prequal on Discover, it came back with a congrats and offered me a card with 0% APR for 12 months. When I actually app'd they countered with another offer, the lovely 23% APR all other terms and rewards the same. Since I haven't been carrying a balance on that card, it's not a biggie. I was shocked, and they started me with a decent limit. Now, I'm fully prepared for it not to grow until some time has passed...but I hope that's not the case. 

You'll get there, keep trying!

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.