Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOU GUYS DECIDE!--UPDATED--

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: YOU GUYS DECIDE!

Hi All!

I hate to be opposing council on this one but I recommend not apping for anything till December period.   You just got in with 3 new cards, all with lower limits, and one of the new cards is Barclays.  I'm thinking, if you app for anything in Dec, app the Amex revolver you want then the Wally World card.  Your scores will be near approval rating with Amex for the revolver then so I give it a pretty good chance.  Probably be another 1-2K limit but Amex is awesome with SP CLIs and will grow with you to the limits you are looking for in a card.  After gardening your Amex to the limits you are comfortable with, then app the Citi and Chase cards.  They love matching other creditors limits.  Credit is a patience game and you should plan out your attack to getting where you want to be over time.  It doesn't always happen over night.  Smiley Happy  Don't stay stuck in low limit land.  Apping a bunch more cards now or the near future will only get you that. JMHO

Just re-read your original post:  adjusted apping opinion strategy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 11 of 20
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I would close the orchard, cap one, HSBC.  Personally Wally card right now is fine.  But I wouldnt App for anything else until jan 2013.  In jan 2013, I would go for Amex revolver.  Don't worry about your exsiting limits.  Just use the zync to build up internal limit on it and you will be fine.  Also, jan 2013 will give you max backdating.  I still regret having December open date on my Amex plat.  If you don't get Amex in jan, then app for the other cards as no harm from Amex app as it will be soft pull.  If you get Amex, might want to wait till 61 day cli to see what limit you have and let it report before apping for other cards.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 20
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I'm going against everyone and going to say NO.  First off you got the Zync so you get double eco points at Walmart.  Next, since you want to grow your limits and you already have an Amex I would app for BCE/BCP it's only a soft if denied.  I got the Amex revolver after having my Zync for 3-4 months.  If you are denied for the BCE/P just garden the new cards.  Good luck!

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 13 of 20
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

I would close the orchard, cap one, HSBC.  Personally Wally card right now is fine.  But I wouldnt App for anything else until jan 2013.  In jan 2013, I would go for Amex revolver.  Don't worry about your exsiting limits.  Just use the zync to build up internal limit on it and you will be fine.  Also, jan 2013 will give you max backdating.  I still regret having December open date on my Amex plat.  If you don't get Amex in jan, then app for the other cards as no harm from Amex app as it will be soft pull.  If you get Amex, might want to wait till 61 day cli to see what limit you have and let it report before apping for other cards.

I agree about the apping in Jan instead of Dec.  Optimize backdating!   Otherwise, I stick to my advice. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 14 of 20
gettnthere
Established Contributor

ok, just wanted to update you guys. i did FINALLY decide to go ahead and app for the wally card and boy am i glad i did. GE not only instantly approved me but gave me my HIGHEST revolving CL to date!!!! $1500. im really happy right now and think i made a step in the right direction. maybe from here on out ill be getting more than just the toy limits ive been getting. i really want to thank all of you for your advice, wether you thought i should or should not apply for the card, THANK YOU!!!!! i will be following your guys advice on app"ing for the BCE next year and hopefully AMEX and their CLI policy will help boost me to 5k plus limits to get out of "toy limit land" lol THANKS AGAIN, you guys are AWESOME!!!Smiley Wink           (guess i have to drop my spade now and start the garden again lol)

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 20
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

congrats, the TU08 fico is worth it imo.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 16 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You just better hope barclays doesn't catch wind of it. Smiley Tongue They tend to get a little upset when they find out you're cheating on them haha. 

Message 17 of 20
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

You just better hope barclays doesn't catch wind of it. Smiley Tongue They tend to get a little upset when they find out you're cheating on them haha. 

Smiley Very Happy Lmao thats Hilarious! hopefully since my util is down to 7% and barclays is still getting decent usage they'll leave me alone......i hope

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: YOU GUYS DECIDE!--UPDATED--

Scoooooreee!!! That's a great starting limit with Walmart! You can prob get to $2k within 2-6 months. I've noticed if I pif the first two months with GE, they auto increase, so keep that in mind :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: YOU GUYS DECIDE!--UPDATED--

That is a nice walmart limit. Smiley Tongue Have fun waiting for the card, it's terrible Smiley Tongue

I sat at my mail box every day because all I wanted to do was activate it for my free TU08 Smiley Tongue turned out to be the exact same score as my CK. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.