Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay. Eligible for Cap1 Consolidation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yay. Eligible for Cap1 Consolidation

I had the "accounts not eligible" last month. And I will have one $8k QS and 1 $26k venture.
Message 11 of 36
nitrov
Established Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

RE: Pretty much everything Cap 1 does is a glitch LOL

I completly disagree. Never had an issue with them and they have been great to me. Even removed a 90 day late from years and years ago. 

I don't think anyone could disagree that they're one of the most random and disorganized financial institutions out there, particularly relative to their scale. Account combinations, SPECIFICALLY, have been such a cluster since they've rolled them out and OP's success in combining accounts <6 months old is just a perfect example of how CSRs will speak in absolutes about one thing then the "system" allows something else to happen. It took me a year and a half to combine accounts that should have been 100% eligible from day 1. I know folks with sub-600 credit scores with $20k+ in available credit from Cap 1 when no one else will touch a 5-figure CL for that person with a 10 foot pole. For better or worse, Cap 1 is SUPER inconsistent at best. It's YMMV what side of the experience you're on, sometimes that inconsistency works in one's favor, and sometimes it doesn't. It's not to say they haven't been "great" to people, but realiastically creditors shouldn't be doing things like removing 90 day late pays reporting from CBs from years prior unless there was an actual error on their part. GREAT FOR YOU if they did, but just further supports how random they could be. Someone else may call and try and they'd be like "NO WAY, THAT NEVER HAPPENS," and low & behold...they did it for you. It is what it is. 

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 12 of 36
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I will agree YMMV from any lender but everything they do is a glitch, I do not agree. 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 13 of 36
nitrov
Established Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

I will agree YMMV from any lender but everything they do is a glitch, I do not agree. 

'twas a joke, dear. Sometimes it's your mileage may vary and with them it's often your acreage may vary.

Message 14 of 36
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I guess I missed the punchline, lol. at any rate congratz to the op. 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think discover is a little more "random". But cap1 definitely has its stranger moments for sure. They treat me better since I ditched my platinum. That thing held me back I think.
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Outstanding!

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I see a lot of people on here "combining" their Cap1 accounts.  I have a couple of questions:

1)  Do you have to call customer service to do this or is there a way to do it online (ie in the "Services" tab when you log into your account)? 

2) How is this change reported on the credit reports?

3) How do you decide which card to keep?  (This is a subjective question - but I am curious to know how everyone who has done this has rationalized their decision. I have a QS and a Venture and would be interested in doing this.)  

Thanks. 

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) I did it online. It'll tell you.
2) it's reported as a closed card and then the limit of another goes up. That's merely it. It's the same as getting a CLI and closing another card.
3) since I like the QS and venture (and have two of each) I will keep both. They're only like 3-4 months apart (my new set of the venture and QS combo and my old set) so idc which set I keep.
Message 19 of 36
nitrov
Established Contributor

I'd say Discover is more moody lol I dumped them after less than a year. Too emotional for my liking. Cap 1 is more like the reliably bipolar ex...it's always a roller coaster but it more or less stays on the tracks Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.