Moderator Emeritus

Yay! for AA

Adding our story to the masses out there. DW received a ratejack on her Citi Platinum Select. It went from 10.24% (her lowest at the time) to 29.99%. Basically the rate went from being the best to the worst. Never ever never late. PIF every 4-6 months; used every 2-3 months. And cleaner CRs than when she opened the account (FICO up 60-100 pts depending on the CRA).

This wasn't a surprise, as we knew it could come one day, but we should be keeping $0 reported anyway. I can see how frustrating it is if someone goes through this. I can see a scenario whereby someone does a BT into a lower rate card, like in my example, and then gets hit with this. We usually don't read our statements like we should, but these buried rate changes can sure catch someone by surprise. We were hit with the ratejack back in late November but just noticed it with January's statement. DW wanted to call and protest. I told her to get in line.

Senior Contributor

Re: Yay! for AA

llecs wrote:

Adding our story to the masses out there. DW received a ratejack on her Citi Platinum Select. It went from 10.24% (her lowest at the time) to 29.99%. Basically the rate went from being the best to the worst. Never ever never late. PIF every 4-6 months; used every 2-3 months. And cleaner CRs than when she opened the account (FICO up 60-100 pts depending on the CRA).

This wasn't a surprise, as we knew it could come one day, but we should be keeping $0 reported anyway. I can see how frustrating it is if someone goes through this. I can see a scenario whereby someone does a BT into a lower rate card, like in my example, and then gets hit with this. We usually don't read our statements like we should, but these buried rate changes can sure catch someone by surprise. We were hit with the ratejack back in late November but just noticed it with January's statement. DW wanted to call and protest. I told her to get in line.

I received the notice in the mail a while back and the current APR is also listed right on the main page when you log in.  I got the same RJ from 10 to 29.  my sense is that unless you can't PIF or BT there is probably no utility in calling, they like imposing a default rate on paying customers, no shame whatsoever.  Unreal.  I want some interest payments on TARP money --29.99 perhaps :smileytongue:

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Senior Contributor

Re: Yay! for AA

Arg and arg. Sorry both!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.