cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellin going to have us yelling or screaming? Come June.

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Yellin going to have us yelling or screaming? Come June.

I have a plan to pay off my card balances by end of April and will certianly look to sock drawer or try to negotiate a lower apr on my high interest cards by June.  If Janet Yellin pulls the trigger on a rate hike all variable rate cards will feel the pain.  Snagging a few 0% APR offers by end of May might also make sense too.  And I'm also going to try to lock a decent HELOC as well.

Am I over thinking this stuff?  LOL

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Yellin going to have us yelling or screaming? Come June.

First of all, the entire Federal Reserve board votes on this, not just one person. Second, this is not the forum to sneak in a little politics with an otherwise legitimate question. Third, if you are planning to have your cards paid off, you have nothing to worry about. Fourth, credit card companies cannot increase interest on existing debt no matter what, so unless you're planning on borrowing and carrying balances after the possible rate hike, I don't see the problem.
Message 2 of 59
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I have a plan to pay off my card balances by end of April and will certianly look to sock drawer or try to negotiate a lower apr on my high interest cards by June.  If Janet Yellin pulls the trigger on a rate hike all variable rate cards will feel the pain.  Snagging a few 0% APR offers by end of May might also make sense too.  And I'm also going to try to lock a decent HELOC as well.

I don't think you are. Good thinking.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 59
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Yes

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/29/business/federal-reserve-rate-decision.html?_r=0

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/18/investing/federal-reserve-rate-announcement/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/stocks-soar-fed-hints-interest-rates-rise-job/story?id=29734683

Diverse points of view, but it's not going to happen over night.  Likely that nothing will happen until June.  Of  course, things can always change, but the stock market certainly responded positively.

Message 4 of 59
Open123
Super Contributor

Nothing to worry about.  Personally, I think Ms. Yellin has done a fabulous job thus far.

Message 5 of 59
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Who is sneaking poltics? 1,2,3,4???? WTH

I thought it was a legit topic.  Thanks for edumacation.

@yfan wrote:
First of all, the entire Federal Reserve board votes on this, not just one person. Second, this is not the forum to sneak in a little politics with an otherwise legitimate question. Third, if you are planning to have your cards paid off, you have nothing to worry about. Fourth, credit card companies cannot increase interest on existing debt no matter what, so unless you're planning on borrowing and carrying balances after the possible rate hike, I don't see the problem.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 6 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh gee, what's wrong with a little politics when it affects CCs? Smiley Very Happy

In any case.....where do you even see politics in the original post? Point me there, yfan-san. Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 59
yfan
Valued Contributor

You are.

The "legit topic" could have been started without pointing a finger at a specific person, which is the sneaking in politics part, along with asking what this given person is going to make "us" do ("screaming", "yelling" etc).

Message 8 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@yfan wrote:

You are.

The "legit topic" could have been started without pointing a finger at a specific person, which is the sneaking in politics part, along with asking what this given person is going to make "us" do ("screaming", "yelling" etc).

play-nice.gif

Message 9 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not buying it.

I could say the word "Obama" and it is suddenly political post? Cmon. Lets be reasonable here and keep it FSR. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.