Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yep Another NFCU Approval

tag
RemyWinchester
Contributor

Yep Another NFCU Approval

So, after being denied for a CLI on my PENFED card two days ago, and being salty still about it, I log into my Navy account and see a pre-approval for a cash rewards card.

I absolutely did not need more credit - I just felt like testing out PENFED.  I was sitting at a 7K limit and had the card for 9 months (I found out afterwards you need 12 months... ok)

I've been with Navy Fed now for 9 months.  I was sending my direct deposit to them until last month (I appd for a Freedom and got a Chase checking too - $450 combined bonus for both) and was sending my DD to Chase. 

Also had an easy start 3K CD with Navy Fed.  The only thing I dont like about them is their nasty website. 

So I decided to just hit the apply button - and was welcomed to an instant approval for $20K for their cash rewards card.  Excellent. 

Now have:

USAA World MC - 12K

AMEX BCE: 15K

PENFED Plat Cash: 7K

NFCU Cash Rewards: 20K

Chase Freedom: 5K

I'm all set.  I can't think of anything else I would want.  Only change I would make is maybe try to get the NFCU Visa Sig with no foreign transaction fee if I do decide to spend some of next fall in Europe. 

Scores as of yesterday: EX- 724, Annual Income 52K, AAoA: 2.2 years, and oldest account is 8.4 years. 

Can anyone provide feedback on their cash rewards card?  After this experience, I already re-routed my direct deposit back to Navy. Chase checking is getting closed in 6 months so I dont have to pay back the bonus.  Also going to send about 10K over from my USAA savings into Navy and let them hold that too. 

I plan to carry BCE for most expenses, use Freedom for 5%, and have Navy as my backup.  F Penfed, the 5% gas will not last I feel, they have a downward trend for decreasing rewards in the past few years.  I haven't been impressed with them, even with their new website. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Yep Another NFCU Approval

CONGRATULATIONS!!  Great credit limit!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Yep Another NFCU Approval

Congrats Smiley Happy  I was also approved for NFCU cashRewards... i got the pre-approval message under offers after I had faxed in my income info for re-fi of a vehicle... then, BAM, approved for 22k limit.  so crazy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.