Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes! Chase Approval

tag
BRH3
Regular Contributor

Yes! Chase Approval

Well, I had been getting pre-approval letters in the mail from Chase for their platinum card for 0% interest and BT's for 15 months then 6.99% after that. I finally decided to call them Thursday but my latest pre-approval expired Sept. 12th. They said they would honor it and I applied. Later that night I found out that WAMU was being bought out by Chase. I have a 8.5K CL WAMU Platinum so I was worried about my new Chase app. I called them this morning and was aprroved for 5K. Wow! My highest score is EQ 693 (not sure who they pulled) but it was a pleasant suprise to get that CL. Will I be able to combine later?
This board is awesome. I little over a year ago my highest score was 583 and I couldn't get approved for any prime cards. Now all scores are mid 600's to high 600's with some good cards. Thanks to everyone here.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Yes! Chase Approval

Combining? Who knows? That 6.99% is a super go to rate. Well done.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the websites everything is remaining separate for now.  When the conversion is complete WaMu will no longer exist and everything will be Chase, so I would guess that you would be able to combine, but that's quite a ways away. 

BTW, I am on the last 4 months of my 15 month 0%BT and purchase.  I am going to miss it, it was a great thing!
Message 3 of 8
BRH3
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. I just got a scorewatch alert that I am -13 points today. It must have been the new app and card with Chase. Oh well, it will be worth it in the long run.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The -13 may be the INQ alone. Take a look at your scorewatch to see if the account has even shown up yet. When the account shows up a line like that should reduce your UTL if you have any so it may be a wash on the ding to age.

Regardless congrats great limit and rate. Chase is on my least favored list due to high APR and lowest limit. They represent 0.4% of my available credit.
Message 5 of 8
BRH3
Regular Contributor

You are right. It was for the INQ only. Maybe the new CL will lower my utl and the score will come back up.
Message 6 of 8
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Smiley WinkCongrat on the approvalSmiley Wink  Sorry about the dingSmiley Sad   But you still wonSmiley Wink

My2centsSmiley Wink
700 Club Member
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

After the merger, you will be able to combine available credit. Hope this helps Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.