Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, Citi Costco Visa Can be Added to Your Existing Online Citi Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes, Citi Costco Visa Can be Added to Your Existing Online Citi Account

@uswala wrote:

It was all very easy for me. I added my new card to my existing account on 19th only and then requested STC code for my DW who is AU on my card. Tthe STC code arrived with a min and next minute  she was able to register her AU card on her Citi id using that STC code. 

But the question no one can answer is why? Or what happens if you don't. 

As long as DH doesn't have any solo citi accounts and we don't care what he spends split out from what I spend, there's no reason to regsiter that card separately and it's charges WILL show up on my account. The only reason he added "our" (read: me as primary) cards to HIS Amex log in was because of Amex offers. (And actually on his EDP they didn't put his middle initial so he would have needed to request a new card with the middle initial to make it eligible to show up on his log in and we've just never gotten around to it.) Our finances are 99% together, so if there's no reason for him to see his charges separate from mine, there's no reason for him to do so that I can see. Am I missing something? 

Message 21 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Yes, Citi Costco Visa Can be Added to Your Existing Online Citi Account

@Anonymous wrote:

@uswala wrote:

It was all very easy for me. I added my new card to my existing account on 19th only and then requested STC code for my DW who is AU on my card. Tthe STC code arrived with a min and next minute  she was able to register her AU card on her Citi id using that STC code. 

But the question no one can answer is why? Or what happens if you don't. 

As long as DH doesn't have any solo citi accounts and we don't care what he spends split out from what I spend, there's no reason to regsiter that card separately and it's charges WILL show up on my account. The only reason he added "our" (read: me as primary) cards to HIS Amex log in was because of Amex offers. (And actually on his EDP they didn't put his middle initial so he would have needed to request a new card with the middle initial to make it eligible to show up on his log in and we've just never gotten around to it.) Our finances are 99% together, so if there's no reason for him to see his charges separate from mine, there's no reason for him to do so that I can see. Am I missing something? 

It's probably just Citi issues at the moment; seeing several news reports of things being absolutely and ridiculously awkward with this new credit card for tons of people... and there was more than one person fustruated with it in line when I went to go get my Costco membership yesterday so the reporting seems to be accurate at least in my neck of the woods.

I'm guessing this will be sorted out later after Citi gets their poop in a group.

        
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.