Did you mean: 

Yes! NFCU membership! CC??....

tag
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Yes! NFCU membership! CC??....

@PokemonMaster wrote:

@Sitori wrote:
I don't know which one to app for!! Lol I'm scrolling down the menu and can't decide

NFCU's CashRewards card is shaping up to be one of the best in the business. They're beta testing quarterly bonus categories (like Citi Dividend and Chase Freedom) and there's no minimum to cashout plus you still get the base everyday percentage. The standard in the business is a 50 dollar minimum for redemption and like I said NFCU has no minimum. So even if you only have one dollar in cashrewards you can transfer it to your NFCU savings/checking.

Bonus cats?  Really?  Wow, now I want this card.  Lol!  I hope the beta testing goes well  Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 34
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

When I called and asked NFCU about joining, since I had seen an old NFCU loan on DH credit report, they stated that he had to be a current member to join through them.  I gave them his social and they stated that he still had a current membership, and that we needed to call together in order for them to update his address etc.

Might try getting your sister to call and see if her shares account with them is still open with the $5 deposit

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 32 of 34
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

When I called and asked NFCU about joining, since I had seen an old NFCU loan on DH credit report, they stated that he had to be a current member to join through them.  I gave them his social and they stated that he still had a current membership, and that we needed to call together in order for them to update his address etc.

Might try getting your sister to call and see if her shares account with them is still open with the $5 deposit

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a shares account? Is it just called that? Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 34
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

It is just that... The $5 is your share of ownership in the CU and it can't be accessed except by completely closing the account.

DH had a shares account sitting there with 6 or 7 dollars for who knows how long.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.