Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, Navy Federal Black Lists!

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Re: Yes, Navy Federal Black Lists!

I paid off my outstanding debt with them...and they kept me on the blacklist....Ah well, time to move on.

Message 11 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I paid off my outstanding debt with them...and they kept me on the blacklist....Ah well, time to move on.

They should let you back in.

You should follow up with Navy about that. It could be their systems were not updated and did not reflect updated information on your debt.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 17
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

They should let you back in.

You should follow up with Navy about that. It could be their systems were not updated and did not reflect updated information on your debt.

I had an overdraft of $400..they charged off the account. I PIFand when I applied for a secured card they denied me stating that I'd "Caused Navy Federal a Loss. I just started sending DD to my savings account with them and Ill try for an Auto Re-fi and CC with them in a year. If they deny me...I just take that as time to go.

Message 13 of 17
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Guess I should never burn that bridge to NFCU

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 14 of 17
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Guess I should never burn that bridge to NFCU

Right!

Message 15 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

I thin you should contact them and tell them there was no loss since you paid them off. I'm guessing their system was not updated to reflect the payback when they sent that letter to you.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 17
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I'll give that a try.We'll see. I once called to ask if they'd ever let me have the optional overdraft protection ever again...and told a flat-out no. Once you mess it up..that's it!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.