cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score! --well, maybe

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I hear ya on this! But you weren't around (at least, I don't think) in the old days, when we could see all our FICO scores, and we pulled TrueCredit daily to update our reports, and an astonishing number of members whined and groused about having to wait 24 hours + 1 minute to refresh their reports so they had a second monitoring service so they could pull all three twice every day, and we posted and argued and obsessed about every change on every report and in every score for the slightest update. Smiley Very Happy All I can say is, I'm sure that we were pariahs in any neighborhood cocktail parties.

I thought I was over all this, but like an old fire department horse, once I smelled smoke, I started kicking the walls of my stall. Smiley Wink

By golly, I have an EX FICO score, and I want to see it!

LOL. I've read plenty of old threads so I am familiar with those crazy and hectic times. Go for it!!!  Smiley Wink

I guess I'm also unique in the sense that I don't care how high my scores can go. I don't want to see if I can get that magical "850". My scores will get me the best rates for any type of loan if I need the credit and that's all I care about.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My signed application is already in the mail :-) for two days now. 

My only mistake was I only signed up for a savings. You need a checkings or credit product from them in order to see your Experian fico. I will not be able to apply for a credit card from them for 3-6 months so that sort of stinks. But I'm not sure if they will open up a checkings without another hard pull. I might try that. 

Just a heads up to everyone. I also completely agree to be patient. They are going to get an abnormal amount of applications and they might start to get a little irritated after a week of it. So lets give them all the respect and patience that we can. 

Thanks for reminding us of this! I went back and edited my original post in an attempt to emphasize this.

Everyone, go ahead and click the I-want-checking option. They'll only pull $1 to fund your checking account. I didn't even get an option to make it more, although I was ready to throw $100 at them.

Sure NP! Just wish I did it myself. I am soo in a pickle since I just got approved for zync or I would app right away for a credit card so I can see my score. Mhmm do you think zync will mind one new sister account opening up same time as them? lol

Message 12 of 731
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

D'oh!

I just signed up and I closed the window that gave the mailing address for the app before I wrote it on the envelope!  Anyone happen to want to post it here after they go through the app so I don't have to call them and look like an idiot? :-)

Thanks!

Message 13 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that does stink! Doh! Especially since they are going to be so very busy lately.

The print out was your information and unique to you.... Maybe your application is not finished since you didnt complete either, anyway to try and continue it?

Message 14 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I called to try to find out my member number, and after some checking around, the CSR told me that they couldn't tell me over the phone, which is fine, and makes sense. Since I couldn't print out my app anyway, they're having to mail it to me, and the member number will be on that.

They'll need your member number and PIN for anything you do, so those with calmer heads might want to make a note of them when they apply.  Smiley Very Happy

And I'm sorry, I meant to ask for the mailing address for your app, and I spaced.  Smiley Tongue  But their CSR's seemed very nice, and they were braced for the onslaught of noobs.

Anyway, a useful reminder that many credit unions are a bit more traditional in how they do things, including a reliance on snail mail and so forth. For instance, every one of my CCC's let me change my phone last name over the phone, except PenFed, which wanted a copy of the divorce decree specifiying the new name, my new driver's license, etc etc. Not the end of the world, although startling now that we've gotten so accustomed to doing things in the space of about 90 seconds.

edited to correct error resulting from caffeine insufficiency

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 731
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

I called to try to find out my member number, and after some checking around, the CSR told me that they couldn't tell me over the phone, which is fine, and makes sense. Since I couldn't print out my app anyway, they're having to mail it to me, and the member number will be on that.

They'll need your member number and PIN for anything you do, so those with calmer heads might want to make a note of them when they apply.  Smiley Very Happy

And I'm sorry, I meant to ask for the mailing address for your app, and I spaced.  Smiley Tongue  But their CSR's seemed very nice, and they were braced for the onslaught of noobs.

Anyway, a useful reminder that many credit unions are a bit more traditional in how they do things, including a reliance on snail mail and so forth. For instance, every one of my CCC's let me change my phone last name over the phone, except PenFed, which wanted a copy of the divorce decree specifiying the new name, my new driver's license, etc etc. Not the end of the world, although startling now that we've gotten so accustomed to doing things in the space of about 90 seconds.

edited to correct error resulting from caffeine insufficiency

I think they're prepared by now.  We've been stampeding them from over at the "other" big board since we found an "artistic" way to legitimately qualify a few months ago.  But this is so much more straightforward from what I see.  I *should* be in with them this time.  It's been interesting to say the least.  And some of the new app CSRs are not overly friendly, so be prepared.  I am courteous regardless...I know their job must be tough, so I give 'em the benefit of the doubt.  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 731
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know if they eligibility requirements for family, I have a cousin by blood that attends Penn State and she lives in Mt. Pocono, Pa. I live in another state. I am not sure if she can because some CU want it to be immediate family, living in the same household, and not extended. I can get her to join either by school qualification or via the Parks method. I tried pulling eligibility but the school didn't come up not sure how its listed.  I don't want to waste any inquiry. Thanks!

Message 17 of 731
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@MsKarmaNYC wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if they eligibility requirements for family, I have a cousin by blood that attends Penn State and she lives in Mt. Pocono, Pa. I live in another state. I am not sure if she can because some CU want it to be immediate family, living in the same household, and not extended. I don't want to waste any inquiry. Thanks!

Hello.

You can go to the page that shows eligibilty here: http://www.psecu.com/apply/?elig=1

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 18 of 731
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

I did, I edited my post to add that part. It doesn't bring up Penn State just school districts. Is it listed a particular way?

Message 19 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just call and speak with a CSR.

Message 20 of 731
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.