cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score! --well, maybe

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score!

I want to say thank you to Hauling for this post!!! I have been reading  and posting (more reading  than posting) on these boards or almost 2 years and I learned so much and I honestly learn something new everytime I log on.

Having built up a little confidence I decided to apply on 3/14/11: followed Hauling's instructions (except writing down the membership #). Printed app and sent with it dr license, SS card and 2 util bills on Monday. Got the famous "have you forgotten" letter on Thursday. Call in and CSR said app was processed that day. rec'd welcome email later that night. waiting on welcome kit.

I would LOVE to get the VISA CC with a decent limit just to rid myself of these rebuilder cards and HIGH APRs (nothing under 19.99% and no limits over $750 but I have a few old baddies (all 4 plus years) and just got a Cap 1 and a Mortgage in December and Macy's this month. BK from 2004 and 13 inquiries (all except  the 4 recent ones are mortgages inquiries from 2009 and 2010.

********UPDATE: received the checks in the mail today (3/19). Is the account # on the checks the same as the membership number?

********UPDATE: account # on checks did not work as menber #! I will just call on Monday.

Message 301 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome Kit was in the mail today Smiley Happy

So the whole process of applying a receiving the welcome kit took 1 week.

I am going to apply for the VISA card. Wouldnt dare ask for 20K, but maybe 5K Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to say thank you to Hauling for this post!!! I have been reading  and posting (more reading  than posting) on these boards or almost 2 years and I learned so much and I honestly learn something new everytime I log on.

Having built up a little confidence I decided to apply on 3/14/11: followed Hauling's instructions (except writing down the membership #). Printed app and sent with it dr license, SS card and 2 util bills on Monday. Got the famous "have you forgotten" letter on Thursday. Call in and CSR said app was processed that day. rec'd welcome email later that night. waiting on welcome kit.

I would LOVE to get the VISA CC with a decent limit just to rid myself of these rebuilder cards and HIGH APRs (nothing under 19.99% and no limits over $750 but I have a few old baddies (all 4 plus years) and just got a Cap 1 and a Mortgage in December and Macy's this month. BK from 2004 and 13 inquiries (all except  the 4 recent ones are mortgages inquiries from 2009 and 2010.

********UPDATE: received the checks in the mail today (3/19). Is the account # on the checks the same as the membership number?

********UPDATE: account # on checks did not work as menber #! I will just call on Monday.

Message 302 of 731
vish1
Valued Contributor

I got my welcome welcome email friday evening, hope to see the welcome kit soooooooooooonnnnn...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 303 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be there soon. I think I got the welcome email on Thursday, checks on Saturday and then welcome kit on Monday.  Im sure its on the way! I applied for the Visa...no instant approval but im still hopeful!

Message 304 of 731
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It should be there soon. I think I got the welcome email on Thursday, checks on Saturday and then welcome kit on Monday.  Im sure its on the way! I applied for the Visa...no instant approval but im still hopeful!

I got my checks on Saturday, but no welcome kit or email.  Weird. Smiley Sad  I'm not applying for any credit, I have more than enough.  I just want my EX FICO score!!! Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 305 of 731
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Thanks to Hauling I also followed the instructions and am a proud new member of PSECU.

I was also approved for $5,000 Visa/PSL combo (2003 BK, one 3-4 y.o. collection, handful of inquiries), so they are now my highest limit and I look forward to building a very good history with them.

I think that myfico members probably have Credit Reports easily identifiable by forensic accounting, if you know what I mean.  PSECU...check.  NFCU...check..... obsessive credit monitoring....check..check...  Smiley Tongue

Can't wait for my Exp score, finally.

PS Dorightgirl - I asked for 10K and they gave me $5K.  If I were you, I would be braver than I and just shoot for the moon (20K). They will counter-offer, don't worry. apped on Saturday and approved this a.m. Probably would have been instant on a weekday.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 306 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what happened with your welcome email, but your welcome kit should be on the way!

Message 307 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Firefox: Wish I had saw your post before I apped Smiley Sad I asked for $10KSmiley Sad But even 5k would be an upgrade for me!

I didnt get an instant approval...applied around 4:30 p.m (right before closing time). Hoping to get an approval in the a.m!!!!!!

*****daydreaming about how nice it would be to get out of "rebuilder card-low limit-high apr land"!!!!******

Message 308 of 731
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Sending all kinds of good luck your way! Look forward to hearing your results.

By the way, they didn't notify me of approval.  I logged into my account and navigated to the section that allows you to check loan status, etc.  Clicked on the green check mark, and the approval screen popped up. On the approval screen, they tell you the amount and then you fax and return the signed documents.  (Use printer, digital camera and FaxZero for free online faxing.)  You can also mail it in if you don't mind waiting.

Honestly, I wasn't really expecting approval in the first place, and in the second place, I thought it would take a few more days to hear back from them. They're pretty durn fast.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 309 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ficofox! I think I called you firefox in my previous postSmiley Surprised typing w/o my glassesSmiley Tongue

I will be clicking on the green check in the morning! Will post as soon as soon as that approval pops up (confident)!

They are quick and I  need them to keep up the pace and be quick (and generous) with my approval!!!!

Message 310 of 731
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.